Is an 80k salary good?

U

UglyShortGuy

Banned
I feel like a poorcel ngl

I’m only 24 and make 80k salary, I live in New York and I’m planning to get masters degree soon. I don’t live in the city btw so it’s not that expensive here.

After I get my masters I should make 6 figures as a starting salary. I don’t have any debt either from college because I started off at a community college and parents paid the rest

Last edited:
as average as it gets for a 24 year old college grad. what field you work in?

If you’re going to spend your life alone it’s pretty good. With a family it’s poverty tier.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, ChadsAreCool and Alt Number 3
I made 140k fresh out of college

Brag. @rightfulcel

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5522
In NY that's dogshit ngl. 150k for any field or you wasted your degree tbh.

STEM should be aiming for 300k.

• +1
Reactions: bladeeout and yunggod
How do u know so much?

Do u live in New York bro?
No but I have friends who do. It's very not worth living there unless you are a finance guy, or working for a huge tech company operation there. If you are in nursing I suggest you find somewhere a little more middle America to get the best bang for your buck.

No but I have friends who do. It's very not worth living there unless you are a finance guy, or working for a huge tech company operation there. If you are in nursing I suggest you find somewhere a little more middle America to get the best bang for your buck.

But I’m ethnic

I can’t move to south or anything

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
Nursing bro
you are getting ripped off son. you should be making 95k by now in a city like NYC. dude it's a pandemic where's the pandemic pay!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
For single, definitely. For raising family, barely cuts it.

not true. you make more as a nurse in major cities. if he moves to somewhere like arkansas he will be downgraded to 60k. maybe when he has family it's worth it for lowoer COL

At this point that amount is barely liveable for a middle class lifestyle, but if you’re going to be a bachelor then you’ll be fine

• +1
Reactions: RichmondBread
  • +1
Reactions: Hades
I guess it's shit for NY but good for Mumbai. Shit thread.

Just live live like a poor man theory