Is better to train more lateral or front neck muscles?

I

It'snotover

Retired
It's been two months since I train neck and i had good gains, but i mainly train the back and the lateral muscles, because i read that too much big frontal neck muscles can cause sleep apnea and could make the mandible to appear shorter from a side profile view. Should i continue my routine or should i start to train fronral muscles of the neck too?

• +1
Reactions: Moggie

• JFL
Reactions: Beastchodecode and It'snotover
would training frontal be good to reduce appearance of adams apple? Mine is massive and it must look uncanny af

• Hmm...
Reactions: It'snotover
Lateral to increase perceived width.

Most people notice you from the front so a wide neck is best achieved by increasing the sides.

@Moggie adam's apple is a high T indicator, or a skinnycel indicator.

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and It'snotover
The only large visible muscles are the sternocleidomastoid which are responsible both for lateral movement (when activating unilaterally) and forward movement (when activating bilaterally).

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
The only large visible muscles are the sternocleidomastoid which are responsible both for lateral movement (when activating unilaterally) and forward movement (when activating bilaterally).
So it's better to keep my routine with just more reps and without training the front? I heard that the frontal muscles are almost useless aesthetically wise and they make the mandible to appear shorter?

Lateral to increase perceived width.

Most people notice you from the front so a wide neck is best achieved by increasing the sides.

@Moggie adam's apple is a high T indicator, or a skinnycel indicator.
So it's better to keep my actual routine right?

• +1
Reactions: Hipcel