Is Buddhism legit?

JovenCansao

JovenCansao

Kraken
Screenshot 20230717 102928 Chrome

Men lives is suffering ✅
Working aka moneymaxxing and being busy leads to happiness as you'll get distracted from your suffering ✅

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28916 and High Cortisol Chad
Working aka moneymaxxing and being busy leads to happiness as you'll get distracted from your suffering ✅
This, is not in line with the teachings of the Buddha.

Different kinds of "labor" can help, according to th Buddha his teachings. And working to become rich to moneymaxxing, is not 1 of them.

• +1
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad
This, is not in line with the teachings of the Buddha.

Different kinds of "labor" can help, according to th Buddha his teachings. And working to become rich to moneymaxxing, is not 1 of them.
How do I get food then?

Its said budda was psychopathic, thus why he was unaffected by emotions.
No person in his right mind would've rejected all that he was born with, he was obviously not normal.

How do Buddhists get money for food if moneymaxxing is not allowed?
I never said, working for money wasn't allowed in Buddhism. As a Buddhist that is not a monk. It is allowed, and aiming to become rich is also allowed.

I refuted yours claim. That the Buddha said, that earning money would lead to happiness. Because he said it doesn't lead to happiness.
Since you said: "moneymaxxing and being busy leads to happiness"

• +1
Reactions: JovenCansao
No person in his right mind would've rejected all that he was born with, he was obviously not normal.
Yet hes claimed and praised like a God. To give you some insights as to how these types of cultures are originated.

Its said budda was psychopathic, thus why he was unaffected by emotions.
Sounds like cope diagnosis.
Dude seemed far from psychopath, what is known about him.

• +1
Dude managed to be the starting point, of a big world wide religion due to leaving his home and by openly rejecting what he was born into.

Achievement wise, that moggs staying at home.
He took a massive lifestyle downgrade though, from doing what he did. He probably gained alot of respect and standing though, even durinf his lifetime, by doing all the stuff he did.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and JovenCansao
Monks do gardening or local people simply feed them because they understand and respect the mission they're on
That's only for monks though.
They ideally don't work for money. And get supported by the community gifts.

Nowadays, and probably also in the past.
All the things the monks do, is quit a bit of stuff that helps people and is practically also very usefull for the community. So in that sense they do work.

I mean, listening to people, giving people advice, giving teachings, giving guided meditations, offering people they can mediate with them at the temple, and so on.
All services, you would pay a shitton of money for. If you went to a psychologist, or some hippy slut giving yoga meditation class, etc..

It's cope because they believe in reincarnation all men have only one life and that's it.

Dude managed to be the starting point, of a big world wide religion due to leaving his home and by openly rejecting what he was born into.

Achievement wise, that moggs staying at home.
He took a massive lifestyle downgrade though, from doing what he did. He probably gained alot of respect and standing though, even durinf his lifetime, by doing all the stuff he did.
Yeah
When I made this post I was more interested in the ideology or Buddha itself than the religion.
Religions often turn retarded.

"originated in India"

Should be an obvious sign to stay away.

• JFL
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Squirtoutmabooty, eduardkoopman and 1 other person
Sounds like cope diagnosis.
Dude seemed far from psychopath, what is known about him.
Well psychopathy stands for someone who is born with a very low range of emotions. It can be detected with brain scans. It doesn't necessarily have to do anything with criminality (specially if they're emotionally driven) or moral compass.

You could be born with psychopathy and be immune to anxiety, depression, jealously, feel no emotional empathy, love. But still cognitively have a moral compass to abide for because even if your "heart" is silent your mind still recognizes things.

It's just a theory as to why he was the way he was. I personally haven't done much research into it.

Well psychopathy stands for someone who is born with a very low range of emotions. It can be detected with brain scans. It doesn't necessarily have to do anything with criminality (specially if they're emotionally driven) or moral compass.

You could be born with psychopathy and be immune to anxiety, depression, jealously, feel no emotional empathy, love. But still cognitively have a moral compass to abide for because even if your "heart" is silent your mind still recognizes things.

It's just a theory as to why he was the way he was. I personally haven't done much research into it.
Wtf is your avi jfl

• Woah
Reactions: RAITEIII
Yeah
When I made this post I was more interested in the ideology or Buddha itself than the religion.
Religions often turn retarded.
Imo, it has good concepts and ideas. In the teachings of the Buddha. And also a good amount of retarded ones.
Also, some common believes from back in the time the Buddha lived, were left unchallenged by him. Of which a few can also be considered retarded.

• +1

100% Speculation imo. I also don't see from the stories about his life, that he had a low range of emotions. Plenty stories about the dude, being very emotional.

It's cope because they believe in reincarnation all men have only one life and that's it.
To add. In the time and location where he lived. Back than.
Reincarnation was the common norm believe. I think he just copy pasted that.

I mean, listening to people, giving people advice, giving teachings, giving guided meditations, offering people they can mediate with them at the temple, and so on.
All services, you would pay a shitton of money for. If you went to a psychologist, or some hippy slut giving yoga meditation class, etc..
If you think you can go to a monastery and get an 8 hour course on meditation with undivided attention for free you're mistaken. They won't train you personally to any useful extent if you're a layman

If you think you can go to a monastery and get an 8 hour course on meditation with undivided attention for free you're mistaken. They won't train you personally to any useful extent if you're a layman
For free, obviously not.
Also not, individually.
In group setting, it's possible. But also in group setting obviously not for free. Donations, participation fee, or membership, etc... is expected or needed

For free, obviously not.
Also not, individually.
In group setting, it's possible. But also in group setting obviously not for free. Donations, participation fee, or membership, etc... is expected or needed
For how long have you bee a Buddhist? It seems to fit your persona lol. and what have you gotten out of it?

they are not
I stayed on Buddhist monasteries for in total, all on all, for about 2 months.
So, cope, that I don't know what is out there and how it can go.

imagine believing in religions in 2023

There’s so many fucking religions in the world that choosing the right one is basically like playing the lottery

For how long have you bee a Buddhist?
Was for 4 years orso.
Did silent retreats in a Buddhist monastery.
Also stayed with a monk from Sti Lanka once, for about 1 week.
It seems to fit your persona lol.
and what have you gotten out of it?
Better concentration skills.
Better understanding of my own personality traits and psychology and so on.
Good skill in calming oneself down.

That's about it, the biggest things i gotten out of it.
Doing 1 week silent retreat, meditating for 7 hours per day. Being very much, confronted woth yourself without much outside distractions or escapes. One gets to learn oneself, ones demons, and so on.

• Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: LampPostPrime and RAITEIII
There’s so many fucking religions in the world that choosing the right one is basically like playing the lottery
Assuming a right one exists

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: LampPostPrime and RAITEIII
imagine believing in religions in 2023
The woke religion is the most popular one among youth in the West atm. I guess

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Deleted member 31445
I stayed on Buddhist monasteries for in total, all on all, for about 2 months.
So, cope, that I don't know what is out there and how it can go.
Keep larping faggot. Asking people for anything material goes against buddhist monastic code

• JFL
Reactions: LampPostPrime
Keep larping faggot. Asking people for anything material goes against buddhist monastic code
You never looked at buddhism in places like Japan. I notice

Michael: the Buddha is not your friend.

Michael: [laughs] Exactly. You’re good at this, so please go for it.

Kenneth: Alright. It’s tempting or it’s commonplace to think of the Buddha as some kind of a friendly, goodhearted guy who is teaching you how to be happy. That’s not, I would argue, the essence of what the man was about or what he was trying to tell you. This is a crazy guy who left his wife and young child to go live in the forest by himself, to find out how to end his own suffering. This is an extraordinarily self-centered guy.

Michael: Yeah, someone who, as I always put it, like, “Annihilate your life. Go into the woods and starve yourself and do all these horrific ascetical practices just to try to stop feeling bad.” It’s a very unusual mindset. Think of anyone you know today who is like that.

Kenneth: Right. I don’t – even having spent years in monasteries in South East Asia, I don’t know anybody who’s like that, right? So even the monks who are renunciates on a continuum – they’re much more renounced than most people, by far – the ones I met were not so renunciate that they lived by themselves in the woods and only ate stuff that they begged once a day from other people.

Michael: Yeah, and it seems like they have friends and, in a way, a future that they’re thinking about, and people they’re helping. And if you read the Buddha’s story and kind of try to get inside the man’s head, this is someone for whom it was all or nothing, and just forget this world, forget it.

Kenneth: Forget this world. So he completely, in every possible way, turned his back on this world, and eventually came to the conclusion that the very best thing that could possibly happen to you is what? Is lights out, lights out like a candle, extinction, extinguishing the candle – nirvāṇa. That’s what the Buddha was about. So we have this bookend of this extreme renunciation. There’s nothing in that part of Buddhism about how to make your life better. It’s about how to turn your life off.

Michael: Yeah. I mean, there’s no sense that this is some kind of life-improvement program. It’s a life-extinction program.

• Woah
  • +1
Buddhism is based

• +1
Despite the fourth luminous jhāna’s many virtues, it doesn’t result in the
complete absence of craving, or in the perfect equanimity that would entail.
However, through experiencing the bliss of equanimity in the fourth jhāna, you
begin to understand the possibility of perfect bliss and perfect equanimity.
Perfect equanimity and the complete cessation of craving are called Nibbāna in Pali (Nirvāna in
Sanskrit).

• +1