is compound lifts a cope?

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
I'm trying to bring the most hypertrophy to my back, shoulders, and arms

wouldn't isolation lifts be the fastest way?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: oatmeal and Deleted member 11536

isolation lifts = less weight

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11536
HTB1BWm5bkxz61VjSZFrq6xeLFXas.jpg

these are the best lifts, rest is cope

6EDAA763 9404 44E7 9033 CE956FF54066

This is my 22 month transformation (natty and unpumped). I only started getting gains when I focused on compound movements and still make big gains pushing them. You will miss out on a better pump that isolation movements can sometimes give but that will lead to worse gains in the long run so it’s not worth it.

The more you isolate the less muscle fibres are recruited and the less gains. The best isolation movements are the ones where you can cheat when the muscle experiences fatigue. Progressive overload is everything even on isolations though. All you really need is one vertical pull and push movement and one horizontal pull and push movement to prioritise. The rest can be filler stuff.

I’ve gone from 55kg to 95kg now been sat at 85kg for two months making quick progress. Don’t overbulk in the mission to gain muscle as you say hypertrophy is your goal.

Should be noted I’ve spent close to a year training in lockdown only able to do compound movements.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: DesiChad, Kmscurry, Renaissance.Chad and 2 others
I only started getting gains when I focused on compound movements and still make big gains pushing them. You will miss out on a better pump that isolation movements can sometimes give but that will lead to worse gains in the long run so it’s not worth it.
so you're saying i should
- focus on compound movements as the core of every workout and focus on progressive overload for them
- secondarly focus on isolation movements after and also work on progressive overload for them

is that it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11536
Honestly what would give you such a retarded idea? One of the big benefits of compound movements is that they save time...
You can work most muscles in the upper body in less than 30 minutes using two exercises (OHP and pullups)

Isolation movements are gay and should only be used as support for your compound movements (preventing muscular imbalances & providing additional volume for weak points etc)

so you're saying i should
- focus on compound movements as the core of every workout and focus on progressive overload for them
- secondarly focus on isolation movements after and also work on progressive overload for them

is that it?
Yeah that’s the most important thing. DM me if you have any more questions I’m more than happy to make you a blackpilled training and diet plan.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
heavy barbell squats and deadlifts are mostly a cope, unless you want to end up looking like an NFL quarterback.. For aesthetic purposes, much better doing Bulgarian split squats / Goblet squats / Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts.
Chin-ups, pull-ups, Military Overhead Press - not a cope

Bench Press & Overhead Press - not the greatest muscle builders, unless you got top-tier Chad genetics & robust frame & bones.
Dumbbells are superior for muscle activation.

View attachment 948716
This is my 22 month transformation (natty and unpumped). I only started getting gains when I focused on compound movements and still make big gains pushing them. You will miss out on a better pump that isolation movements can sometimes give but that will lead to worse gains in the long run so it’s not worth it.

The more you isolate the less muscle fibres are recruited and the less gains. The best isolation movements are the ones where you can cheat when the muscle experiences fatigue. Progressive overload is everything even on isolations though. All you really need is one vertical pull and push movement and one horizontal pull and push movement to prioritise. The rest can be filler stuff.

I’ve gone from 55kg to 95kg now been sat at 85kg for two months making quick progress. Don’t overbulk in the mission to gain muscle as you say hypertrophy is your goal.

Should be noted I’ve spent close to a year training in lockdown only able to do compound movements.
how tall are you