is cybersecurity a good field?

H

Harry84

Iron
and what are some good ways to learn coding?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sytyl and St. Wristcel
Do software programming/engineering instead.

Get a Bachelors in Computer Science.

Start by learning Python. Its a simple programming languages. Download python from it's websites. Download a IDE like VS Studio or Atom. Go on youtube and watch tutorials on how to start programming.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5304, brainded, sytyl and 2 others
Do software programming/engineering instead.

Get a Bachelors in Computer Science.

Start by learning Python. Its a simple programming languages. Download python from it's websites. Download a IDE like VS Studio or Atom. Go on youtube and watch tutorials on how to start programming.
I'm doing both, and tbh they are both fairly simple. Cybersecurity has MASSIVE market need rn tho. So if you want a guaranteed job with no degree, just get:

A+
Network+
Security+
OCSP

And you can potentially get a pen testing position with around 200k jobs. First 3 certificates are easy. That last one is apparently the hardest test people take in their lives tho. It is a 24 hour exam where you have to hack 4 seperate systems.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9072 and sytyl
It’s growing according to my comp sci teacher JFL

Yes bro.

Buy or torrent tutorial series from udemy/linkedin learning/pluralsight.

Just get your Salesforce Certification and you can be making six figures in a couple of years easily.

I'm in the Military, about to get out and that's what I'm doing. One of my buddy's makes over 150K a year. Thought he was full of shit, until I looked into it lol.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9072
yes but coding and all this sort of sht takes certain genetics, not completely correlated with iq but highly impacted by it, and creative skills too, if you dont genetically have what it takes, it will be hard, maybe even impossible, but i'll be damned if i tell someone to not go for something, follow ur heart, and dont listen to what i said, if u truly want it, it will be yours

And not one reply was made

Zeroreply

I'm doing both, and tbh they are both fairly simple. Cybersecurity has MASSIVE market need rn tho. So if you want a guaranteed job with no degree, just get:

A+
Network+
Security+
OCSP

And you can potentially get a pen testing position with around 200k jobs. First 3 certificates are easy. That last one is apparently the hardest test people take in their lives tho. It is a 24 hour exam where you have to hack 4 seperate systems.
Im an IT student and I will be taking my A+ in a few weeks. My focus is either Networking or Systems Admin careers. Also, CyberSecurity is usually a field that a person needs years of experience. You usually do not get a job in Cyber Security after college. Usually it takes a few years and some certs. Getting certs is not easy. A student usually gets a better job and salary after college with a CS Degree in Software Engineering or Programming. Cyber Security is a great field and pay is great, but it usually takes some time getting in the field. A student with a CS Degree, knowledge of IT foundation, programming languages, and some certs will for sure have an easy time getting a job in Cyber Security though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
yes but coding and all this sort of sht takes certain genetics, not completely correlated with iq but highly impacted by it, and creative skills too, if you dont genetically have what it takes, it will be hard, maybe even impossible, but i'll be damned if i tell someone to not go for something, follow ur heart, and dont listen to what i said, if u truly want it, it will be yours
You are right that IQ has a correlation with coding. Great programmers are fucking high IQ.

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6095
From what Ive heard it is.