Is doing BJJ a looksmin?

D

Deleted member 53670

5’8 mulattocel
At the end of every lesson we spar against each other and I'm constantly getting fingers on my face. I feel like it's delaying my tretinoin progress and I'm always getting acne the following day on top of apparent lower quality skin (dry, patchy, red in certain areas). Should I quit BJJ to avoid truecel fingers on my face?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46181, strawberrymushroom, coispet and 3 others
I tried it for about two weeks a few years ago and it was gay

just quit and do something else \ (boxing)

tbh it's not even useful unless your able to just manhandle your opponent anyway which at that point you could just beat them up normally

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Typhon, strawberrymushroom, aleksander and 6 others
Get them to wash their dirty hands

just quit and do something else \

tbh it's not even useful unless your able to just manhandle your opponent anyway which at that point you could just beat them up normally
This bjj is gay

• +1
Reactions: John Cracovizk, Sprinkles and bloomercel
wear head protection so you don't end up with cauliflower ear.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: boss8055, Deleted member 53670 and mefrom
First two letters are literally bj and it's all about touching other guys, not even punches or strikes but grapples and holds :lul: :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: bloomercel
I wouldn't, have you ever watched a BJJ match? It's boring af. Also, to start a fight you literally have to open your legs wide for your opponent mount on you, kinda of gay let's be honest, but ofc I'm only talking on in the internet because a black belt would surely beat my ass.

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles
At the end of every lesson we spar against each other and I'm constantly getting fingers on my face. I feel like it's delaying my tretinoin progress and I'm always getting acne the following day on top of apparent lower quality skin (dry, patchy, red in certain areas). Should I quit BJJ to avoid truecel fingers on my face?
I've been doing bjj for twos years not a looksmin as far as I know
First two letters are literally bj and it's all about touching other guys, not even punches or strikes but grapples and holds :lul: :lul:
I got to roll with foids how about that
how do you get caluflower ears from bjj alone😂

• +1
Reactions: dragomaxxer and st.hamudi but 6‘5
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

Explain yourself

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

Explain yourself
a quote to cope with my sub humanity

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: SA7 and John Cracovizk
I wouldn't, have you ever watched a BJJ match? It's boring af. Also, to start a fight you literally have to open your legs wide for your opponent mount on you, kinda of gay let's be honest, but ofc I'm only talking on in the internet because a black belt would surely beat my ass.
you dont ''literally have to open your legs wide for your opponent mount on you''. i dont know what kind of jujitsu you've been watching. its probably boring if you suck lol. i think it is pretty fun to wrestle and submit people

• JFL
Reactions: John Cracovizk
I got to roll with foids how about that

"Yeah dude bjj is sick you get to roll with girls"

The girls in question:

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, ascension, John Cracovizk and 2 others
Yes, it is. Do Muay Thai, Kyokushin, or kickboxing instead.

• +1
you dont ''literally have to open your legs wide for your opponent mount on you''. i dont know what kind of jujitsu you've been watching. its probably boring if you suck lol. i think it is pretty fun to wrestle and submit people
You don't have suck at something to not like watching that shit, wtf is that logic.
jiu-jitsu-arte-marcial.jpg

The blue kimono guy lays down on the ground and the black one mounts on him, then the fight begins (fights which don't start with taken down your opponents)

comomelhorarminhaguardanojiujitsumeukimono.jpg

It's okay if you think it's fun, just like there are people who enjoy having butt sex and, well, it's their business. I just don't like the idea of grappling with another man, sounds gay af, martial arts which you fight standing up mogs to me.

• JFL
Reactions: strawberrymushroom
You don't have suck at something to not like watching that shit, wtf is that logic.

The blue kimono guy lays down on the ground and the black one mounts on him, then the fight begins (fights which don't start with taken down your opponents)

It's okay if you think it's fun, just like there are people who enjoy having butt sex and, well, it's their business. I just don't like the idea of grappling with another man, sounds gay af, martial arts which you fight standing up mogs to me.
you dont think i know what im talking about? i train bjj. the fight starts on the feet, not in the position called guard you are mistakenly calling mount. and BTW the guy on bottom in that scenario is the one in an advantageous position.

And to just quickly disprove your point, it didn't take much more than a youtube search to find out that a bjj match does start on the feet.

• +1
you dont think i know what im talking about? i train bjj. the fight starts on the feet, not in the position called guard you are mistakenly calling mount. and BTW the guy on bottom in that scenario is the one in an advantageous position.
Yeah, I'm talking about ''fights'' which start solely on the ground, or teaching new positions/techniques which, at least to me when I did a class, didn't start standing up.

I think it's gay and uncomfortable, but I have to agree that it's the most efficient fighting style to win 1v1s, that why that shit dominated UFC.

And to just quickly disprove your point, it didn't take much more than a youtube search to find out that a bjj match does start on the feet.

Watched the first minutes, boring af. UFC mogs because at least they would be throwing punches and kicks at each other.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FaceandBBC and seethe

Watched the first minutes, boring af. UFC mogs because at least they would be throwing punches and kicks at each other.
most fights will end up on the ground bozo you are clueless, I started off with muay thai and sanda now transitioning into mma where ground game is crucial. real fighting is not some fantasy scenerio where you get to fight standing up all the time

• +1
yeah UFC does mog and i also think MMA sparring is more fun than just pure grappling.

I also was uncomfortable and claustrophobic when i first started, but i got used to it really quick. And i would rather wanna be able to annihilate the average gymbro in a street fight than sit and pretend like fighting is gay, but i fully understand why you think that.

• +1
Most effective form of grappling, but normies gonna think u gay

• +1
Reactions: John Cracovizk and mefrom
most fights will end up on the ground bozo you are clueless, I started off with muay thai and sanda now transitioning into mma where ground game is crucial. real fighting is not some fantasy scenerio where you get to fight standing up all the time
this. if an non martial artist is taken to the ground by an MMA fighter they're fucked. even if he has 50kg+ size advantage

• +1
yeah UFC does mog and i also think MMA sparring is more fun than just pure grappling.

I also was uncomfortable and claustrophobic when i first started, but i got used to it really quick. And i would rather wanna be able to annihilate the average gymbro in a street fight than sit and pretend like fighting is gay, but i fully understand why you think that.
If the Op's objective is to become an efficient fighter in real world situations, then he shouldn't be worried about bjj being a looksmin, and I would fully agree with the both you if his objective wasn't another one. If it was (being an efficient fighter), I would advice him to do one martial art which focuses on stand up fighting and a grappling one.

But I think Op is just trying to find a fighting sport to have some fun and leisure while learning to defend himself to some point (and not having that much contact). Which others could also fill this gap, while maybe not being that efficient, but being more pleasurable to practice, which will lead him to going to classes more often and not missing classes because "i'm tired today :(".

• +1
Reactions: seethe
If the Op's objective is to become an efficient fighter in real world situations, then he shouldn't be worried about bjj being a looksmin, and I would fully agree with the both you if his objective wasn't another one. If it was (being an efficient fighter), I would advice him to do one martial art which focuses on stand up fighting and a grappling one.

But I think Op is just trying to find a fighting sport to have some fun and leisure while learning to defend himself to some point (and not having that much contact). Which others could also fill this gap, while maybe not being that efficient, but being more pleasurable to practice, which will lead him to going to classes more often and not missing classes because "i'm tired today :(".
a safe one as far as looksmin concerns would be kyokushin karate as there are no punches to the face. maybe OP should just take a break from BJJ until his acne has cleared up. Personally i dont notice a difference after hours of sparring.

• +1
not in mma, in full guard you can only realistically pull off a triangle in mma, and you get threatened by ground and pound, that's the one of the many differences betweem sport bjj and mma bjj. full guard is trash in mma period, z guard or half guard mogs.

ye in that case kickboxing or muay thai is the best mix of fun and usefulness tbh

• +1
If you want a martial art OP that is similar to BJJ but you dont want fingers in your face you could try judo. And when you come back to BJJ you might even have an advantage in the standup game compared to the other bjj guys.

• +1
Reactions: seethe and John Cracovizk
not in mma, in full guard you can only realistically pull off a triangle in mma, and you get threatened by ground and pound, that's the one of the many differences betweem sport bjj and mma bjj. full guard is trash in mma period, z guard or half guard mogs.
I was saying its advantageous in a bjj match, not mma but yeah.

yeah in mma it isn't, only thing realistically you could get from there in mma is a triangle or an armbar or a sweep.

• +1
If you want a martial art OP that is similar to BJJ but you dont want fingers in your face you could try judo. And when you come back to BJJ you might even have an advantage in the standup game compared to the other bjj guys.
it's relatively unknown but sanda mogs, it's mostly kickboxing but you get to learn judo style throws and takedowns as well
I was saying its advantageous in a bjj match, not mma but yeah.

yeah in mma it isn't, only thing realistically you could get from there in mma is a triangle or an armbar or a sweep.
it's next to impossible to get an armbar in mma from guard come on now

it's relatively unknown but sanda mogs, it's mostly kickboxing but you get to learn judo style throws and takedowns as well

not impossible. especially not if its a triangle armbar

Depends, No-gi is fine cause rashguards are soft and silky. Gi is when looksminning starts. The amount of skin and collagen damage from gi literally sending your face is brutal. I only do nogi at 10th planet.

To all the boxing copers: enjoy having brain damage, collagen loss from cortisol, asymmetry from bone damage, and nose getting flattened

skip to 5:50 there is one aswell

• JFL
Depends, No-gi is fine cause rashguards are soft and silky. Gi is when looksminning starts. The amount of skin and collagen damage from gi literally sending your face is brutal. I only do nogi at 10th planet.

To all the boxing copers: enjoy having brain damage, collagen loss from cortisol, asymmetry from bone damage, and nose getting flattened
if you only do light sparring as to where it doesn't damage your bones or getting bruises it shouldn't be that much of a looksmin should it?

Its gay as fuck you're literally wrapping your legs around another mans head. Sometimes you have your face in his asshole too

• JFL
Reactions: Germania
if you only do light sparring as to where it doesn't damage your bones or getting bruises it shouldn't be that much of a looksmin should it?
Brain damage is accumulative. Even light strike will add up. My advice is just don’t spar at all.

Brain damage is accumulative. Even light strike will add up. My advice is just don’t spar at all.
bro it takes a lot more than you think to be affected by head strikes. you are not gonna become retarded as someone just training for fun sparring light

bro it takes a lot more than you think to be affected by head strikes. you are not gonna become retarded as someone just training for fun sparring light
I did kickboxing for 3 years doing hard sparring every three weeks. Now my short term memory is fucked. But do whatever u want its ur brain

U ugly ash and gay

tbf i’d love to have califlour ear, as long as it doesnt imoact my hearing or anything.

just quit and do something else \ (boxing)

Grappling mogs striking tbh

• +1
Reactions: UZB_Strebl