Is dutasteride more risky than fin?

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
I am planning on starting trt, but since i am already prone to hairloss and on 1mg of fin a day, i think about dutasteride.
Since trt will push my t a lot higher, my dht will also raise a lot. So in theory my dht levels could go as high as before taking finasteride?
How hard is dutasteride with sexual side effects compared to fin? Someone here that takes it?

• +1
Reactions: gamma
MPMD had zero side effects with Dut. DHT seems like the most useless fucking hormone in the universe besides facial hair growth but even that is genetical.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser, Deleted member 14274 and Lmao
MPMD had zero side effects with Dut. DHT seems like the most useless fucking hormone in the universe besides facial hair growth but even that is genetical.
It really isn't the most useless hormone. It is vital for those who have average or below average testosterone levels. It may be useless for roid freaks like MPMD, but not for average dudes

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel
It really isn't the most useless hormone. It is vital for those who have average or below average testosterone levels. It may be useless for roid freaks like MPMD, but not for average dudes
I feel like free T picks up though, DHT has been shown for dick size increase (only during puberty) balding and facial hair growth body hair as well i guess. It literally grows hair everywhere besides scalp

Seems extremely useless to me, ashton kutcher used dut for 9 years or some shit as well.

But if dht is so useless, why are bodybuilders taking dht derivatives like masterone, winstrol or primobolan? These dhts all give strenght and muscle gains, so dht seems not really useless to me.

• +1
But if dht is so useless, why are bodybuilders taking dht derivatives like masterone, winstrol or primobolan? These dhts all give strenght and muscle gains, so dht seems not really useless to me.
Compared to testosterone it really is useless I feel like. Testosterone also builds muscle and strength gains.

Personally i'd stick to finasteride and see what happens

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
Compared to testosterone it really is useless I feel like. Testosterone also builds muscle and strength gains.

Personally i'd stick to finasteride and see what happens
Damn i just did some quick research on positive aspects of dht:

1) Blood Sugar Control

DHT may help those with diabetes and high blood sugar by regulating glucose metabolism.

According to a study on mice, it may lower blood sugar levels and help with type 2 diabetes in males. Application of DHEA to rats increased levels of DHT and improved insulin-sensitivity, weight, and body fat.

2) Memory

Men between the ages of 34 and 70 showed improvements in memory when treated with DHT skin patches

3) Sexual Function

DHT can improve sexual ability in men regardless of factors like age and obesity. Along with testosterone, it’s necessary to maintain a healthy sex drive in men.

DHT helped boys born with reduced penile function. It is the main hormone to prevent erectile dysfunction in rats.

Women with lifelong sexual abstinence were more likely to have low levels of free DHT in the blood.

DHT is crucial for sexual health, libido, and erections in men.

4) Heart Health

Higher levels of DHT were associated with lower amounts of fat deposits in the hearts of men with coronary artery disease (CAD) [13].

Lower levels of DHT and testosterone resulted in an increased risk for cardiovascular complications for men undergoing testosterone-lowering treatment for prostate cancer. Elderly men with higher levels of DHT have lower death rates from heart disease [14, 15].

5) Strength and Muscle Mass

In women, muscle DHT levels correlate with strength and power [16].

DHT appeared to increase muscle mass in postmenopausal rats [17].

6) Autoimmune Diseases

Men are 3-20 times less likely to get multiple sclerosis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, Graves’, Sjogren’s, and other autoimmune diseases. This may be due, in part, to male hormones having a protective effect against autoimmune conditions.

In animal models, DHT was useful in treating autoimmune conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), prostatitis, Graves and uveitis by balancing the immune system. Specifically, it can lower T helper cells (Th1) that are higher in autoimmune diseases.

7) Healthy Cognitive Function

Declining levels of DHT and other sex hormones in older men are associated with declining cognitive function [30].

8) Anxiety & Depression

Testosterone’s anti-anxiety benefits were shown to be a result of the actions of DHT in the brain [31].

The drug finasteride, which lowers DHT levels in the blood, may induce symptoms of depression [32].

9) Bone Growth

DHT is vital for bone density – increased blood levels are associated with higher bone density in men [33].

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Julius, Dainslief and volcelfatcel
Damn i just did some quick research on positive aspects of dht:

1) Blood Sugar Control

DHT may help those with diabetes and high blood sugar by regulating glucose metabolism.

According to a study on mice, it may lower blood sugar levels and help with type 2 diabetes in males. Application of DHEA to rats increased levels of DHT and improved insulin-sensitivity, weight, and body fat.

2) Memory

Men between the ages of 34 and 70 showed improvements in memory when treated with DHT skin patches

3) Sexual Function

DHT can improve sexual ability in men regardless of factors like age and obesity. Along with testosterone, it’s necessary to maintain a healthy sex drive in men.

DHT helped boys born with reduced penile function. It is the main hormone to prevent erectile dysfunction in rats.

Women with lifelong sexual abstinence were more likely to have low levels of free DHT in the blood.

DHT is crucial for sexual health, libido, and erections in men.

4) Heart Health

Higher levels of DHT were associated with lower amounts of fat deposits in the hearts of men with coronary artery disease (CAD) [13].

Lower levels of DHT and testosterone resulted in an increased risk for cardiovascular complications for men undergoing testosterone-lowering treatment for prostate cancer. Elderly men with higher levels of DHT have lower death rates from heart disease [14, 15].

5) Strength and Muscle Mass

In women, muscle DHT levels correlate with strength and power [16].

DHT appeared to increase muscle mass in postmenopausal rats [17].

6) Autoimmune Diseases

Men are 3-20 times less likely to get multiple sclerosis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, Graves’, Sjogren’s, and other autoimmune diseases. This may be due, in part, to male hormones having a protective effect against autoimmune conditions.

In animal models, DHT was useful in treating autoimmune conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), prostatitis, Graves and uveitis by balancing the immune system. Specifically, it can lower T helper cells (Th1) that are higher in autoimmune diseases.

7) Healthy Cognitive Function

Declining levels of DHT and other sex hormones in older men are associated with declining cognitive function [30].

8) Anxiety & Depression

Testosterone’s anti-anxiety benefits were shown to be a result of the actions of DHT in the brain [31].

The drug finasteride, which lowers DHT levels in the blood, may induce symptoms of depression [32].

9) Bone Growth

DHT is vital for bone density – increased blood levels are associated with higher bone density in men [33].
Finasteride barely affects most people, continue taking Fin don't nuke shit with dut. You could also get RU and check that out instead.

Finasteride barely affects most people, continue taking Fin don't nuke shit with dut. You could also get RU and check that out instead.
I cant take ru because i already wear a hairsystem. But since the system kills my self confidence, i will go for a hairtransplant.
So yeah i will just fin and observe the effects of trt on my hairloss.

• +1
I am planning on starting trt, but since i am already prone to hairloss and on 1mg of fin a day, i think about dutasteride.
Since trt will push my t a lot higher, my dht will also raise a lot. So in theory my dht levels could go as high as before taking finasteride?
How hard is dutasteride with sexual side effects compared to fin? Someone here that takes it?
Fin has 1-2% possibilities of sides while Dut has 5-8% possibilities
Don't remember the numbers well but yeah, a bit more risky

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and volcelfatcel
If I'm not mistaken, dut crushes dht levels completely whereas with fin, you will still end up with around ~30% residual dht levels in your body that are unaccounted for.