Is E-Commerce dead? thinking on starting 1

Newday*V3

Newday*V3

Iron
I am expanding my mind and I need hints to what’s sustainable, is E-Commerce shit?

When I say E-Commerce I mean;
  • Sourcing cheap shit from China and selling it from an online website
  • Selling overpriced Mastic gum and/or Jaw trainers to TikTokCels who are on their r/orthotropics
  • Selling legitimate good clothing
  • Blah Blah Blah u get the gist
  • Supplements
My main goal is to ultimately sell bulk ‘pseudo’ products e.g; Mastic gum as I said, Hand-grip trainers, Maybe some cheap gym equipment (Lifting straps, Lifting Belts). I need something that I can sell without using a lot of start-up capital.

I will only do specifics too, if I sell mastic gum I wont sell gym stuff

Step 2 is to create corresponding Tiktok and Insta page where I promote my product (This will be good if what I was selling appeals to a younger audience).

With my faceless social media page (especially Tiktok) I will indirectly advertise my products to my viewers (I will actually post entertaining and/or slightly “misleading, informational” content) in order to garner followers and viewers who are interested in my general niche.

By doing this, I can slither my way into viewers feeds who regularly engage with my corresponding niche and they won’t swipe off immediately since they won’t even notice I’m trying to sell a product.
They will sit there and watch the “entertaining” content and I’l slither my product into the video.

Especially in this day and age where information and entertainment have been fused together, I think it will be easier now to pull this off.

Think about it,
when you regularly see an obvious product peddle you just swipe off IMMEDIATELY and forget what you even saw EVEN if it suits your interests,
but when you see a piece of content that doesn’t appear to advertise anything you at least sit down and give it a watch.

For example, on Tiktok in the “Looksmaxxing” niche, there are ‘low quality’ slideshows where it essentially goes;

‘blah blah blah look at this guy’s jaw *insert good looking person (which boost viewer retainment*
omg his jaw muscle *insert some bullshit “information”* wanna know how to get this effect?’

And then you plug your bs overpriced mastic gum with a fancy that you sourced from a sweaty old man from Greece.

I need am looking for tips from actual E-commerce people, my questions are:
  1. Is E-commerce shit? if so why (If yes do not proceed with the next questions)
  2. What website “builder” do you use, what are the best for an E-Commerce shop? Squarespace? Clickfunnel? etc
  3. How do you advertise your product?
  4. Are you successful at it (I consider 100 a day to be successful)
  5. How do you source your products? more specifically if it has any designs (e.g if your in fashion how do you get a factory to manufacture your design shit like that)
  6. If you are “successful”, how long did it take.
  7. What mistakes did you make while doing E-commerce
  8. What type of products did you sell? what niche?
That is it, if you Dnr please make sure to reply with “Dnr”. Thanks
Middle East Logo GIF by xponentialdesign

• JFL
Reactions: normie tiktoker, Roquefort and Patient A
It's so fucking hard man. Even if you magically secured your inventory, website, and everything else you would be drained by marketing costs and SEO. The hardest part is marketing and traffic. If you don't already have millions of followers on a platform you won't be able to do much. However if you became a famous personality and then started selling, that is a different story.

• +1
Reactions: fuse, Deleted member 71265 and Newday*V3
Step 2 is to create corresponding Tiktok and Insta page where I promote my product (This will be good if what I was selling appeals to a younger audience).

With my faceless social media page (especially Tiktok) I will indirectly advertise my products to my viewers (I will actually post entertaining and/or slightly “misleading, informational” content) in order to garner followers and viewers who are interested in my general niche.
This part is the hard part my friend.

• +1
Reactions: Newday*V3
everything else you would be drained by marketing costs and SEO.
Can I ask kind of products were you selling? (e.g clothing, furniture or smaller stuff even)

What was your biggest chunk of your marketing costs going towards?

Were the profits even worth the work?

The hardest part is marketing and traffic. If you don't already have millions of followers on a platform you won't be able to do much. However if you became a famous personality and then started selling, that is a different story.
Di.ll()n l4tham strat, just sell water mixed with sea salt in a fancy bottle theory.

Can I ask kind of products were you selling? (e.g clothing, furniture or smaller stuff even)
Clothing
What was your biggest chunk of your marketing costs going towards?
SEO and google ads (~100k annually) Its per click so it depends on how many clicks you need

Were the profits even worth the work?
FUCK NO its easier being a doctor

I mean the biggest thing was the initial startup costs. How much money do you have to start? If it is above 100k you can become rich with the right marketing.

• Woah
You need connections with suppliers

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 71265
It’s hard af and probably too saturated at this point. But I want to try ecommerce too.

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort
thats just called dropshipping

• +1
Reactions: Dietsnasta
I How much money do you have to start? If it is above 100k you can become rich with the right marketing.
No where near, not even a slither :feelswah::feelswah:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 71265
  • +1
Reactions: fuse and Newday*V3
I am expanding my mind and I need hints to what’s sustainable, is E-Commerce shit?

When I say E-Commerce I mean;
  • Sourcing cheap shit from China and selling it from an online website
  • Selling overpriced Mastic gum and/or Jaw trainers to TikTokCels who are on their r/orthotropics
  • Selling legitimate good clothing
  • Blah Blah Blah u get the gist
  • Supplements
My main goal is to ultimately sell bulk ‘pseudo’ products e.g; Mastic gum as I said, Hand-grip trainers, Maybe some cheap gym equipment (Lifting straps, Lifting Belts). I need something that I can sell without using a lot of start-up capital.

I will only do specifics too, if I sell mastic gum I wont sell gym stuff

By doing this, I can slither my way into viewers feeds who regularly engage with my corresponding niche and they won’t swipe off immediately since they won’t even notice I’m trying to sell a product.
They will sit there and watch the “entertaining” content and I’l slither my product into the video.

Especially in this day and age where information and entertainment have been fused together, I think it will be easier now to pull this off.

Think about it,
when you regularly see an obvious product peddle you just swipe off IMMEDIATELY and forget what you even saw EVEN if it suits your interests,
but when you see a piece of content that doesn’t appear to advertise anything you at least sit down and give it a watch.

For example, on Tiktok in the “Looksmaxxing” niche, there are ‘low quality’ slideshows where it essentially goes;

‘blah blah blah look at this guy’s jaw *insert good looking person (which boost viewer retainment*
omg his jaw muscle *insert some bullshit “information”* wanna know how to get this effect?’

And then you plug your bs overpriced mastic gum with a fancy that you sourced from a sweaty old man from Greece.

I need am looking for tips from actual E-commerce people, my questions are:
  1. Is E-commerce shit? if so why (If yes do not proceed with the next questions)
  2. What website “builder” do you use, what are the best for an E-Commerce shop? Squarespace? Clickfunnel? etc
  3. How do you advertise your product?
  4. Are you successful at it (I consider 100 a day to be successful)
  5. How do you source your products? more specifically if it has any designs (e.g if your in fashion how do you get a factory to manufacture your design shit like that)
  6. If you are “successful”, how long did it take.
  7. What mistakes did you make while doing E-commerce
  8. What type of products did you sell? what niche?
That is it, if you Dnr please make sure to reply with “Dnr”. Thanks
Middle East Logo GIF by xponentialdesign
Free

• Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: normie tiktoker, Deleted member 71265 and Newday*V3
yep, nobody buys products online anymore, dead af.

• So Sad
e-commerce works the same as any other bussiness model idea, the people that say its dead they are retards

• +1
no but its really oversaturated

• +1