is face pulling bad for tmj

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
i feel my tmj flare up whenever i thumb pull, should i stop?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25748
bump this is a good topic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I ain't no doctor but in general, any technique that puts excessive or incorrect pressure on the tmj can make it worse or cause other jaw problems. Facepulling, if done improperly or excessively, can put undue pressure on the tmj joint and potentially worsen symptoms

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 8758 and Deleted member 19766
I ain't no doctor but in general, any technique that puts excessive or incorrect pressure on the tmj can make it worse or cause other jaw problems. Facepulling, if done improperly or excessively, can put undue pressure on the tmj joint and potentially worsen symptoms
over for tmjcels. can't mew. can't use starecta. can't facepull. i need bimax asap.

• Woah
  • Woah
I legit looked like a adenoid face syndrome
after i did this my bite went down
but im asking how you face pulled? like diid you use a belt or thumb? how hard did you pull? how long and often?

@TheHandcel i recovered

but im asking how you face pulled? like diid you use a belt or thumb? how hard did you pull? how long and often?
I pulled angry with belt and hands

• Hmm...
Isn't TMJ very hard/impossible to cure though? So does this literally mean I can never thumb pull? Do you have any idea on what one could do to "CURE" TMJ?

Isn't TMJ very hard/impossible to cure though? So does this literally mean I can never thumb pull? Do you have any idea on what one could do to "CURE" TMJ?
There are surgeries to cure tmj why is it impossible?

Pharmacological interventions such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and muscle relaxants may also provide pain relief

A custom-fit occlusal splint or mouthguard may be recommended to stabilize the occlusion and improve symptoms. Physical therapy, incorporating manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and modalities, may also help manage pain and improve function

Also surgical interventions such as arthroscopy or open joint surgery may be necessary to correct anatomical abnormalities or remove damaged tissues

Last edited:
  • +1