Is frame related to testosterone?

Deleted member 18931

Deleted member 18931

Kraken
it's related to several hormonal factors, shoulder hip ratio is for a large part determined by your upbringing: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7224231/

The body fat (percentage of body fat estimated using BIA) was strongly positively associated with relative pelvic breadths in adulthood (males r = 0.64; females r = 0.56, both with p < 0.001). Adulthood pelvic breadth was a highly sensitive (0.81) and specific (0.74) retrospective marker of obesity during adolescence. The complex regression model (with reduction of dimensionality) including testosterone, estradiol to testosterone ratio and body fat (adolescent and adulthood) was able to describe 54.8% variability of pelvic breadth among males.

i.e if you grow up fat, you're likely to have wide hips.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Biiyo03 and Deleted member 18931
it's related to several hormonal factors, shoulder hip ratio is for a large part determined by your upbringing: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7224231/

The body fat (percentage of body fat estimated using BIA) was strongly positively associated with relative pelvic breadths in adulthood (males r = 0.64; females r = 0.56, both with p < 0.001). Adulthood pelvic breadth was a highly sensitive (0.81) and specific (0.74) retrospective marker of obesity during adolescence. The complex regression model (with reduction of dimensionality) including testosterone, estradiol to testosterone ratio and body fat (adolescent and adulthood) was able to describe 54.8% variability of pelvic breadth among males.

followed for high iq :love:

It’s mostly genetic, it’s just that those with more adipose tissue have slightly higher e in their system during puberty which may slightly increase pelvic breadth, but not to any significant extent, that’s why obese kids don’t all have birthing hips, and many lanklets have wide hips.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18879 and Biiyo03
It’s mostly genetic, it’s just that those with more adipose tissue have slightly higher e in their system during puberty which may slightly increase pelvic breadth, but not to any significant extent, that’s why obese kids don’t all have birthing hips, and many lanklets have wide hips.
Very very little amount of males have wide hips, and they usually have some sort of illness. Most guys just have weak upper body which may look like wide hips.

I feel like testosterone increases upper body lenght too, i.e torso lenght. Most males with high t have big upper body and tall women mostly have height in legs and never a big upper body.