Is getting double jaw surgery worth it?

D

Deleted member 2697

Iron
Hi so I spoke to an oral maxfillo surgeon in California and he told me that he would give me lefort 1, BSSO and a genioplasty. He told me however before I go into surgery that I would need to speak to a orthodontist to get braces to level out my teeth before surgery. However the orthodontist suggests that I get double jaw surgery and he knows someone more local to me that could give me that surgery. I am really confused on this and just happened to read an article today about double jaw surgery going completely wrong: https://www.realself.com/review/ort...20191017&utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email. Look I am trying to looks max the best I can and don’t want to fuck up my face. The oral maxfillo surgeon also said that if I don’t want to go through such an invasive lefort surgery that he would give me jaw implants as well as cheekbone implants. I am coming her for some suggestions and advice on what I should do? Thanks

Double jaw surgery isn't as tough as you/many think
I did that in 2016 and it was a normal surgery...nothing that serious or invasive, lots of stupid hype created by sissy girls that have to virtue signal how brave and tough they are writing in their stupid blogs
Just go for it and you won't regret it...osteotomies always beat implants

One average day as an ugly mofo in high school gave me much much more pain and trouble than 3 months of recovery post double jaw surgery. And it's not even close

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125, Deleted member 5583, toptearmm and 4 others
you're gonna look insane, you have a good base

you're gonna look insane, you have a good base
Insane like in a bad way or good way?
This guy is a good base? lol
I am confused by if this is a good or bad thing lol
Double jaw surgery isn't as tough as you/many think
I did that in 2016 and it was a normal surgery...nothing that serious or invasive, lots of stupid hype created by sissy girls that have to virtue signal how brave and tough they are writing in their stupid blogs
Just go for it and you won't regret it...osteotomies always beat implants

One average day as an ugly mofo in high school gave me much much more pain and trouble than 3 months of recovery post double jaw surgery. And it's not even close
So do you think I would be a good candidate for the double jaw then?

You are a perfect candidate for double Jaw
It has the potential to ascend you to human

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
You are a great candidate for double jaw. Pick a qualified surgeon who does a decent volume of orthognathic cases and has good outcomes, and do it. The orthodontist and surgeon will work together, and how much orthodontic work you'll need depends on the specific surgical plan. You have a pretty narrow palate as well so depending on the surgeon they may perform a segmental lefort on your upper jaw.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: kota
You are a great candidate for double jaw. Pick a qualified surgeon who does a decent volume of orthognathic cases and has good outcomes, and do it. The orthodontist and surgeon will work together, and how much orthodontic work you'll need depends on the specific surgical plan. You have a pretty narrow palate as well so depending on the surgeon they may perform a segmental lefort on your upper jaw.
They are going to

They are going to

Good. Don't let that woman's story scare you off. It's a big surgery, and you shouldn't go into it expecting PERFECTION or an easy recovery, but her result is likely a byproduct of both an incompetent surgeon and her age/gender as it pertains to her maxillary nonunion and subsequent complications (older women just don't heal as well skeletally as young men).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7125 and MandibularCel
Im
Hi so I spoke to an oral maxfillo surgeon in California and he told me that he would give me lefort 1, BSSO and a genioplasty. He told me however before I go into surgery that I would need to speak to a orthodontist to get braces to level out my teeth before surgery. However the orthodontist suggests that I get double jaw surgery and he knows someone more local to me that could give me that surgery. I am really confused on this and just happened to read an article today about double jaw surgery going completely wrong: https://www.realself.com/review/orthognathic-surgery-double-jaw-surgery-wrong?rseid=99b7e9111db1da70d7f2afc2a8f0e30c&message_id=e60f29a6994a4b498732fc13a8bc8dcb&utm_campaign=Recurring | 2019-12-16 | C_I_P_UGCDigest_7X_v1_20191017&utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email. Look I am trying to looks max the best I can and don’t want to fuck up my face. The oral maxfillo surgeon also said that if I don’t want to go through such an invasive lefort surgery that he would give me jaw implants as well as cheekbone implants. I am coming her for some suggestions and advice on what I should do? Thanks

I am very similar to you, recessed jaw and gummy smile. Talk to a surgeon and he says I'm normal, but I don't think so. Should I go to another surgeon?

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
Im

I am very similar to you, recessed jaw and gummy smile. Talk to a surgeon and he says I'm normal, but I don't think so. Should I go to another surgeon?

Yes. Although if you have overt mandibular recession and a gummy smile and aren't just imagining things, you don't need a surgeon to tell you you're an orthognathic surgery candidate.

• +1
Reactions: MandibularCel
For you, probably. But GO WITH A TOP SURGEON. Do not fuck around with this. Arnett/Gunson, Wolford (USA); Zarrinbal, Raffaini, Alfaro (EU). These are some of the best but there are more. Maybe u already know this and have chosen a top surgeon but yeah, don't risk a mediocre dr

Zarrinbal, Raffaini, Alfaro (EU). These are some of the best but there are more. Maybe u already know this and have chosen a top surgeon but yeah, don't risk a mediocre

I'd recommend against going to Europe for orthognathic surgery as an American. We have tons of excellent surgeons for bimax. Many work at large universities and don't really market themselves online. And Wolford is over the hill and wants to do joint replacements on everyone. Avoid.