Is getting into investment banking worth it?

fentmaxxer289

fentmaxxer289

Bronze
i mean im currently in my first year of my computer science degree. i dont study in the USA. is it worth devoting the next few years to get into it or not since im an international student and am bound to be facing visa issues??

you're already too late, the people that get into investment banking are lining up internships in high school, its an extremely competitive and nepotism-led field, just stick with the cs degree.

you're already too late, the people that get into investment banking are lining up internships in high school, its an extremely competitive and nepotism-led field, just stick with the cs degree.
i mean ive done data science internships in 2 different startups during high school. what if i graduate and get into top buisness schools. i can grind for it if i need to

i mean ive done data science internships in 2 different startups during high school. what if i graduate and get into top buisness schools. i can grind for it if i need to
In that case, it's different. If you have a good enough resume I would say go for it but only if you really enjoy it. You will get trained for the first few years anyway. The pay is great. I will say that the work-life balance is going to be pretty terrible (I can tell you this from first-hand experience as my dad is a high-end executive at a top 10 bank globally) You should only do it if you enjoy it to an extent, obviously you don't have to absolutely love it though because of the amazing pay.

• +1
Reactions: fentmaxxer289
i mean how realistic do you think it is for me as an international student? (since on every job they ask about citizenship status?)