Is Invisalign safe?

D

Deleted member 3832

Kraken
I'm thinking about getting Invisalign to fix the 3 slightly crooked teeth of my lower jaw.

Will this make my jaw and chin look more like shit? Or will my jaw and chin improve even more if I wear Invisalign?

do it its safe. Invisiligns dont pull the teeth back they just remodel its postition

• +1
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Deleted member 23154, agoostis and 3 others
I feel like so much of dentistry and the fields that surround it have been corrupted by snake oil salesmen jews that it's basically impossible to get a solid answer on a lot of this stuff.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5583 and Deleted member 3832
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4087 and Deleted member 3832
unless u get extractions
Ayy. I will never get extractions though. The moment they suggest me to get extractions I will decline it.
I feel like so much of dentistry and the fields that surround it have been corrupted by snake oil salesmen jews that it's basically impossible to get a solid answer on a lot of this stuff.
Same tbh. Invisalign sounds the safest out of all the options though.

I have invisalign right now and it’s making my cheekbones better tbh

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IhateDentists, Toth's thot, OOGABOOGA and 2 others
InBrace (lingual braces) is superior to Invisalign:

- Trays get dirty and discolored
- Have to keep trays in 23 hours a day
- Have to take trays out to eat—inconvenient
- Worse lisp with trays
- Trays can cause a posterior open bite
- Advanced issues treatable with InBrace
- Better overall results with InBrace
- Roughly the same price

• +1
Reactions: mogthemoggers, Robert California and Deleted member 3832
Invisalign was worth it for me. It moved my teeth outwards so I was able to fit my tongue on my pallate better for mewing.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: IhateDentists, OOGABOOGA, Hades and 1 other person
If you don't have perfect alignment but not more severe orthodontic issues (you aren't recessed but some of your teeth are crowded) then invisalign is good. It shouldn't change how your jaw/chin look. Go on /r/invisalign for some before/afters

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3832
I got invisalign and turned into a wide faced gigamogger. My cheekbones blew up followed by my jaw. Hurts in the first few weeks tho

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: It'snotover, Deleted member 3043, Hades and 2 others
I got invisalign and turned into a wide faced gigamogger. My cheekbones blew up followed by my jaw. Hurts in the first few weeks tho
Did your IPD also increase somewhat?

Did your IPD also increase somewhat?
Man i was just kidding but hmm, I dont believe so. It's possible but my skull was also getting bigger from maturing at this age.

• +1
Man i was just kidding but hmm, I dont believe so. It's possible but my skull was also getting bigger from maturing at this age.
Yeah I know. With Invisalign your face will widen max 2-3 millimeters.

InBrace (lingual braces) is superior to Invisalign:

- Trays get dirty and discolored
- Have to keep trays in 23 hours a day
- Have to take trays out to eat—inconvenient
- Worse lisp with trays
- Trays can cause a posterior open bite
- Advanced issues treatable with InBrace
- Better overall results with InBrace
- Roughly the same price
uhhhhh nah

at least with invisilgn if u can tell ur getting fucked by it u can cancel the new trays

with these theyre in annoying positions

the quality of results is negligible because if its that severe u need jaw surgery

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
It works. However if you have problems with chewing and teeth alinment regular braces with rubber bands are the way to go. People here demonize orthodontics way to much. Extractions are really bad but other than that it usually does more good than bad ESPECIALLY if you have jaw issues.

• +1
Reactions: cutecelcoperjfl and Deleted member 3832
My sister was part of the test group she got it for free back in 2008 or so. Her teeth are perfect right now.

• +1
I have the same EXACT thing. I sometimes can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror without my invisalign in :feelswhy:

Invisalign was worth it for me. It moved my teeth outwards so I was able to fit my tongue on my pallate better for mewing.
i was going to ask about this? (whether invasiglign can procline teeth that are slightly tipped backwards)
Sounds like you're saying they can?
I don't really see how though, tbh! Doesn't make sense. Do they use other things alongside it?

I'm currently on Invisalign for a deep bite, and they are expanding outwards my upper teeth in order to slide forward my lower jaw. From the x rays my jaws are good in length and development, so I'm fixing my bite with Invisalign rather than an invasive surgery.
If you don't get extraction and are after 18 y old, you're safe with orthodontics.

• +1
Reactions: IhateDentists
I'm currently on Invisalign for a deep bite, and they are expanding outwards my upper teeth in order to slide forward my lower jaw. From the x rays my jaws are good in length and development, so I'm fixing my bite with Invisalign rather than an invasive surgery.
If you don't get extraction and are after 18 y old, you're safe with orthodontics.
how many trays are you in?
I'm in a similar boat

how many trays are you in?
I'm in a similar boat
I'm on the 26th trays, really really good result. Now it's only fine tuning of the contacts between the right molars and opening another bit the bite.

check my
I'm on the 26th trays, really really good result. Now it's only fine tuning of the contacts between the right molars and opening another bit the bite.
chat msg