Is is possible to get big legs with light weight

Manletmachine

Manletmachine

Ugliest man alive
I don’t like going heavy

I mean I don’t go to gym but from what I hear for aesthetics u don’t need to train with heavy weights it doesn’t matter

Even tho gymbros will bully u it’s more just to brag about how strong they are not really necessary if ur looking just for body

it depens what you mean by big legs. to keep growing legs past a basic level you need to increase the weight or else the musclec won't feel the need to grow. muscles are grown from resistance, so either increasing the weight or time under tension is necessary. a muscle needs to be 'destroyed' in order to build itself back stronger and bigger. if you don't increase the weight you will improve on technique and endurance, however muscle growth will stagnate.

for example: if you're new to the gym and after the first month are able to lift 60kg on the bench press for 12 reps easily (when you started it was only 40kg). you've build a lot of new muscle and strength, but now you decided to keep lifting 60kg for 12 reps every time you go to the gym. because of this you stop progressing and are basically maintaining your current physique. after a while you need to increase the weight in order to become stronger and grow more muscle. if you started at 40kg and just stayed at 40kg you would stil grow beginner muscle but not nearly as much compared to progressing to 60kg and beyond.

any weight needed to get bigger legs will be relatively heavy to you. you don't need to ego-lift to grow muscle, but enough resistance is necessary.