Is it a good idea to build up your masseters?

Deleted member 3202

Deleted member 3202

Motivatemaxxing
I just now read a couple of members talking about masseter hypertrophy being bad and giving you a bloated look, or is that SOME masseter hypertrophy is good, just not an excessive amount? Please let it not be true. . . . . :(

Screenshot 20191106 2300212

depends on insertions

its all about genetics/insertions. i look like a chipmunk when i do it even at low bodyfat

its all about genetics/insertions. i look like a chipmunk when i do it even at low bodyfat
Is there a way to reverse it if it's bad?

only way to find out is to hypertrophie it and if it looks bad just stop chewing gum

How can you tell that you have good insertions?

Does it make the gonial angle look rounded? Or does that even matter?
Images 11

1 is better than 2

• +1
Reactions: Wifeontheground
1 on the left or 1 on the right?
left since we're talking about insertions, but yeah, the masseters are rounded but it can help if you've got a potato jawline to begin with

but I'm thinking whether the insertions depend on your gonial angle/ bone structure... maybe it's entirely genetic on that part, or maybe not?

left since we're talking about insertions, but yeah, the masseters are rounded but it can help if you've got a potato jawline to begin with

but I'm thinking whether the insertions depend on your gonial angle/ bone structure... maybe it's entirely genetic on that part, or maybe not?
Won't masseter hypertrophy make a small chin (small in height) worse?
Jeez that looks bad, rip.

Won't masseter hypertrophy make a small chin (small in height) worse?

Jeez that looks bad, rip.
I can't say for sure but probably yeah if you overdo it, but most of the time it's gonna look proportionate, depends how bad of a chin we're talking here

I can't say for sure but probably yeah if you overdo it, but most of the time it's gonna look proportionate, depends how bad of a chin we're talking here
1.6-2.0 (clenched and unclenched)

looks retarded

If it’s real bad(like my bloated face) then there’s masseter Botox. My mom has to wear a mouthguard at night to stop her from grinding her teeth and I’ve heard this procedure can stop that as well by weakening the masseters. Gonna try to convince her that we should both get it

not always.

masseters too wide can make your face look bloated, block shaped (in a bad way) and reduce the apparent projection of your zygos.

if you actually look, a lot of male models don't have super wide masseters they are just angular and defined.

check out neels visser.

his bizygomatic width is wider than his masseters, but they are clearly defined.
Neels visser 1