is it bad to use castor oil everyday(night)?

tonykingusa

tonykingusa

Iron
what do you guys think

mainly for scalp & eyebrows

Nope, its safe

• +1
Reactions: tonykingusa
probably not

I do it, for now

Potential caution:

Castor Oil works because of its active ingredient, Ricinoleic Acid. Ricinoleic Acid is thought to achieve its hair growth effects through PGE2 signaling. This is also the same mechanism minoxidil is thought to work through, which makes sense.

If that's true though, it could be bad news for your collagen. Elevated PGE2 in itself is proven to age the skin and inhibit collagen drastically. Minoxidil aging the skin isn't exactly proven, but there's some level of scientific support & many anecdotes behind it, so it's a reasonable assumption. Castor Oil aging the skin is unheard of, but that is likely because there is no research, and not enough people using it for a long enough time for there to be mass anecdotes online

That, and elevated PGE2 is likely a risk factor for prostate cancer

Tl;dr: possibly reduced collagen and prostate cancer risk, but we don't know

• +1
Reactions: tonykingusa
I do it, for now

Potential caution:

Castor Oil works because of its active ingredient, Ricinoleic Acid. Ricinoleic Acid is thought to achieve its hair growth effects through PGE2 signaling. This is also the same mechanism minoxidil is thought to work through, which makes sense.

If that's true though, it could be bad news for your collagen. Elevated PGE2 in itself is proven to age the skin and inhibit collagen drastically. Minoxidil aging the skin isn't exactly proven, but there's some level of scientific support & many anecdotes behind it, so it's a reasonable assumption. Castor Oil aging the skin is unheard of, but that is likely because there is no research, and not enough people using it for a long enough time for there to be mass anecdotes online

That, and elevated PGE2 is likely a risk factor for prostate cancer

Tl;dr: possibly reduced collagen and prostate cancer risk, but we don't know
i see. so how often you use it?