Is it even worth going to uni if it isn't top 50

A

alphaChadpeasant911

Ascending
My grades were bad because i was deformed and abused by my family when young and had low motivation, now i am out of school working at a bank so i can pay for surgeries. I don't think i can even get into a top 50 ranked university due to my horrible gpa.
Should I just give up on my dream of going to a top uni? I can easily get into shit tier uni but that wouldn't be worth and it won't allow me to be statusmaxxed

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: babineux and racoon4
Pick a worthwhile degree and you'll be making decent money whichever uni you go to. Might have to move somewhere for a job, but it's definitely worth it. How did you manage to work at a bank without a degree?

• +1
Reactions: Jigen, Danish_Retard and thereallegend
it is, why tf would it not be?

Depends if you think uni is worth it in general

:feelshmm:

• +1
Reactions: babineux
Pick a worthwhile degree and you'll be making decent money whichever uni you go to. Might have to move somewhere for a job, but it's definitely worth it.
What degree is worthwhile?
How did you manage to work at a bank without a degree?

I worked there for an internship and they decided to employ me after i left school

• Woah
Reactions: thereallegend
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: babineux, danny phantom, johnsmithcel and 1 other person

I worked there for an internship and they decided to employ me after i left school
comp sci, engineering, anything STEM really.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771
isnt STEM degree from a non top 50 uni worthless tho
No. It might just take more time to land a decent job and you might have to move around more. It's always going to be better than not having a degree.

• Hmm...
Reactions: alphaChadpeasant911
My grades were bad because i was deformed and abused by my family when young and had low motivation, now i am out of school working at a bank so i can pay for surgeries. I don't think i can even get into a top 50 ranked university due to my horrible gpa.
Should I just give up on my dream of going to a top uni? I can easily get into shit tier uni but that wouldn't be worth and it won't allow me to be statusmaxxed
depends on major

No. It might just take more time to land a decent job and you might have to move around more. It's always going to be better than not having a degree.
isn't computer science and STEM oversaturated and kinda useless now? or at least soon due to AI tools like chatGPT being able to automate coding
i wanna do something that is future proof and wont be replaced by AI in the future

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and johnsmithcel
isn't computer science and STEM oversaturated and kinda useless now? or at least soon due to AI tools like chatGPT being able to automate coding
i wanna do something that is future proof and wont be replaced by AI in the future
If ChatGPT replaces software engineers, it will replace mostly everything else white collar shortly after. In that case become a plumber or welder.
How much do you make at the bank btw? And what do you do?

If ChatGPT replaces software engineers, it will replace mostly everything else white collar shortly after. In that case become a plumber or welder.
What about economics, finance or medicine? those have lesser chance of automation
How much do you make at the bank btw? And what do you do?
i do software anaylsis/testing the salary is dogshit honestly i'm just working there because i need a job to pay for surgeries and wanna get some experience in finance/banking industry

What about economics, finance or medicine? those have lesser chance of automation

the salary is dogshit honestly i'm just working there because i need a job to pay for surgeries and wanna get some experience in finance industry
I guess medicine won't be automated as soon, because you can't put full trust into an AI to make sure that someone doesn't die. But imho medicine sucks complete ass and you have to be prepared for years of hard work.

• +1
I guess medicine won't be automated as soon, because you can't put full trust into an AI to make sure that someone doesn't die. But imho medicine sucks complete ass and you have to be prepared for years of hard work.
what about finance/business/economics?

• +1
Reactions: johnsmithcel
Not an expert honestly, so take it with a grain of salt, but I imagine anything with numbers would be automated as soon as software engineers.

economics/business courses are terrible - tons of applicants, even if most people applying are midwit its hard AF to get into a good uni

comp sci, engineering, anything STEM really.
Is there any reason to go to college/uni for other degrees besides these ones lmao, after you graduate you’d just be making 40k a year and end up wageslaving for the rest of your life

Not an expert honestly, so take it with a grain of salt, but I imagine anything with numbers would be automated as soon as software engineers.
I think business and economics have more human interaction than computer science and other STEM tho

I think business and economics have more human interaction than computer science and other STEM tho
Sure, but they're already oversaturated at least where I am and with automation the demand will drop even further.

• Hmm...

howd u get internship in first place? mirin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back