Is it normal for my wife to call out her gym trainer's name in her sleep?

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

The man in the mirror is my only threat
Contributor
Hey,
I need some advice. My wife recently joined a gym and has been really dedicated to her workouts. I was super supportive at first, but now I'm a bit confused and concerned.
Lately, she’s been coming home really late from "workouts" and seems unusually tired. Last night, she called out her gym trainer's name, Brad, in her sleep. She mentioned something about "working up a sweat" and "going for round two," which I assume is about her workouts, but it felt... weird.
Am I overthinking this? Should I ask her about it directly, or could there be some innocent explanation I'm missing?
Also, she’s suddenly very protective of her phone and I found a receipt for a hotel room in her gym bag. She says it’s for a "gym retreat." Is that a thing?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: \/orman, 5'7 zoomer, owlofathena and 4 others
jesus imagine being this oblivious... EW IM ACTUALLY GONNA VOMIT

stoned puppet GIF

• Hmm...
Reactions: Seth Walsh
jesus imagine being this oblivious... EW IM ACTUALLY GONNA VOMIT
Wow, I never thought of it like that. I guess I'll just ask her if she and Brad have any hotel workout routines I can join! Thanks for the reality check!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: \/orman, socialcel and ElySioNs
Quick update! I asked my wife about everything, and she explained that Brad's training sessions are just really intense and sometimes they need a break in between, which explains the hotel receipt. She even showed me some photos of the gym retreat and it looked legit.

She's very open about it now and even suggested I join them for a session to see how hard they work. I'm feeling much better about everything. Thanks for the support!

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: \/orman, noonespecial, ElySioNs and 1 other person
Quick update! I asked my wife about everything, and she explained that Brad's training sessions are just really intense and sometimes they need a break in between, which explains the hotel receipt. She even showed me some photos of the gym retreat and it looked legit.

She's very open about it now and even suggested I join them for a session to see how hard they work. I'm feeling much better about everything. Thanks for the support!
cage incoming jfl

Yeah yeah it's okay insecure man, people dream all the time!

nah this is fake wtf
Nope! We had a talk and sorted it all out. I mark it down to my late night binge watching my newest favourite series on Disney+, and not having had my morning coffee before talking things through with her. I was almost paranoid over nothing!

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: jxck7468, \/orman and <6PSLcel
Your wife it's just working hard to better herself! It sounds to me like you're just an insecure little incel:rage:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: \/orman, <6PSLcel, socialcel and 2 others
Yeah yeah it's okay insecure man, people dream all the time!

View attachment 3041755
True, dreams can be random! Thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep trusting and supporting her dedication to fitness.

Also, off topic, but why are a few people mentioning reddit.com in this thread?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: \/orman, <6PSLcel and ElySioNs
Your wife it's just working hard to better herself! It sounds to me like you're just an insecure little incel:rage:
I appreciate your perspective. I'll focus on supporting her efforts and working on my own confidence. Thanks for the tough love.

• Love it
Reactions: Clqs
True, dreams can be random! Thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep trusting and supporting her dedication to fitness.

Also, off topic, but why are a few people mentioning reddit.com in this thread?
Reddit has a good support community with like-minded people like you! That's why!

And no problem man, do not judge a woman ever based on her dreams!

• Love it
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Another update! So, I found some texts on my wife's phone between her and Brad that seemed pretty flirty. They were talking about how much they "enjoy their sessions" and making plans to meet up outside the gym. There was even a picture of them having dinner together, which she said was just a "post-workout meal."

I also found a couple of unused condoms in her gym bag, but she explained it's for safety in case she needs to help someone at the gym with first aid. She’s very caring like that.

I know some of you might find this suspicious, but I trust her. She’s always been honest with me, and I don’t want to jump to conclusions. Maybe I should just join them for dinner next time!

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and ElySioNs
Another update! So, I found some texts on my wife's phone between her and Brad that seemed pretty flirty. They were talking about how much they "enjoy their sessions" and making plans to meet up outside the gym. There was even a picture of them having dinner together, which she said was just a "post-workout meal."

I also found a couple of unused condoms in her gym bag, but she explained it's for safety in case she needs to help someone at the gym with first aid. She’s very caring like that.

I know some of you might find this suspicious, but I trust her. She’s always been honest with me, and I don’t want to jump to conclusions. Maybe I should just join them for dinner next time!
Wooo yippie hipperino! Keep us updated man! Let us know how the dinner goes, he could be your new best friend! And it seems to me they are just good friends, friends do that all the time there is no need to worry!
The condoms are for you most likely!

• Love it
Reactions: Seth Walsh and <6PSLcel
Wooo yippie hipperino! Keep us updated man! Let us know how the dinner goes, he could be your new best friend! And it seems to me they are just good friends, friends do that all the time there is no need to worry!
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll definitely keep you all updated on the dinner. Who knows, maybe Brad and I will become great friends! And yeah, the condoms could be a sign she's thinking of me too. Appreciate the support and positivity!

• Love it
Reactions: ElySioNs and <6PSLcel
HOORAY a new friend, maybe he also like funky pops !!!

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks, Seth Walsh and ElySioNs

How about you plan a day out just by yourself and then come back to your house unexpectedly to see if Brad is at your house. She could have asked him to come over for a home gym workout session.