Is it normal for your canthal tilt to vary in pictures a lot?

L

liluzivert

Iron
In the mirror I measured my canthal tilt with a normal head posture and looking directly into my eyes and I had around 4 degrees positive canthal tilt in my left eye and 3 in my right. but sometimes in pictures my right eyes will almost appear negative canthal tilt.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, oxymoron and horizon
Lens distortion can make NCT more pronounced.

• +1
Reactions: liluzivert
Lens distortion can make NCT more pronounced.
i have positive to neutral cantal tilt in both eyes when looking in the mirror though, does lens distortion only make NCT more pronounced or can it even make positive cantal tilt look negative?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist and horizon
i have positive to neutral cantal tilt in both eyes when looking in the mirror though, does lens distortion only make NCT more pronounced or can it even make positive cantal tilt look negative?
Either:

1) You don't actually have positive canthal tilt

or

2) You're tilting your head up in photos and you don't realize it.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and liluzivert
Either:

1) You don't actually have positive canthal tilt

or

2) You're tilting your head up in photos and you don't realize it.
wait im a retard i didnt realize that the angle that ur looking at the camera can change it lmfao

• JFL
Reactions: horizon
In the mirror I measured my canthal tilt with a normal head posture and looking directly into my eyes and I had around 4 degrees positive canthal tilt in my left eye and 3 in my right. but sometimes in pictures my right eyes will almost appear negative canthal tilt.
If you have negative eye hooding that can also affect it

If you have negative eye hooding that can also affect it
yeah i think I do. hold on heres a picture of my eyes i think it actually might be neutral cantal tilth not positive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-223737_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221203-223737_Gallery.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
yeah i think I do. hold on heres a picture of my eyes i think it actually might be neutral cantal tilth not positive
I thinks its more so the eyelid shape rather than hooding. The downward outer curve on the upper lid makes the 'down' effect dominate over the PCT

I thinks its more so the eyelid shape rather than hooding. The downward outer curve on the upper lid makes the 'down' effect dominate over the PCT
I see what you mean. How do you think my eye area looks over all? (ignore the subhuman eyebrows im working on them lmao)

Got this from someones AVI .

but for example his upper eyelid doesnt have as much of a outer downward curve

I see what you mean. How do you think my eye area looks over all? (ignore the subhuman eyebrows im working on them lmao)
They look fine. But I guess your on here to be above above average with them.

You could see about a canthoplasty to reduce the downward curve / change eyelid shape. That way you dont get rid of your hooding which is a plus

A lot of non blackpilled doctors may recommend an upper blepharoplasty, but that will get rid of ur hooding and give you more upper exposure like I mentioned - so unless you want to do that and then get fat transferred there (which is risky result wise) Id just do cantho

yeah i see what you mean.
I've also noticed a lot of people with hooding and the greater downward curve get told they look tired a lot. If your lower lids were more droopy youd definitely look super tired

They look fine. But I guess your on here to be above above average with them.

You could see about a canthoplasty to reduce the downward curve / change eyelid shape. That way you dont get rid of your hooding which is a plus

A lot of non blackpilled doctors may recommend an upper blepharoplasty, but that will get rid of ur hooding and give you more upper exposure like I mentioned - so unless you want to do that and then get fat transferred there (which is risky result wise) Id just do cantho
Aight thanks for the advice, do you think my eye area could be a 7/10 if i thickened up the eyebrows? Without surgerymaxxing for now

Aight thanks for the advice, do you think my eye area could be a 7/10 if i thickened up the eyebrows?
It depends on rest of face. With just thickening ~6/10. But thats just my opinion - you'd need more opinions

It depends on rest of face. With just thickening ~6/10. But thats just my opinion - you'd need more opinions

alright, id post the rest of my face but i dont want my school finding me or some shit. especially on this forum :lul:. could you still be in the 7 or 8+ range in overall face with 6/10 eyes? (im still leanmaxxing so i have no clue what i will look like once i hit 12 percent body fat im at like 20 something now). also what would you say are the major flaws that are holding my eye area back?

Last edited:
Lens distortion, head tils or camera positioning relative to eye level (camera tilt basically).