Is it normal that tretinoin gives you more wrinkles than usual in the beginning?

CopeAndRope

CopeAndRope

Maxillophiliac
most likely. in a lot of meds and shit it usually gets worse before it gets better.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2581
Your skin is dehydrated

InjectE

Your skin is dehydrated
Now my skin looks like crepe paper. Even though I put plenty of moisturizer. It still looks like an oily crinkled paper.

Look closer. Those wrinkles could be just microscopic whiteheads coming out from deep layers of the skin.

Look closer. Those wrinkles could be just microscopic whiteheads coming out from deep layers of the skin.
20191011 024832

What do you think?

Your skin is flaking , you need to make sure you don't apply tretinoin on a wet face and don't apply it so often

Idk, it could be lighting. Or it could be your expectations to have less wrinkles that makes your brain see your current ones as worse than before even though they are the same.
I just need to know that Tretinoin doesn't cause wrinkles. Or I'll rope tonight.

Yes. Your skin is going to slowly renew. But first it’s going to die and shed. So at first. It will look worse. Like a snake shedding its skin. It gets all Mollty and leather like

Yes. Your skin is going to slowly renew. But first it’s going to die and shed. So at first. It will look worse. Like a snake shedding its skin. It gets all Mollty and leather like
Are you really astrosky or just a larper?

shedding isn't good . If your skin is dehydrated and shedding you should lower the # of days per week you apply it . .

Is accutane the same as retin a. Just one is oral the other topical

shedding isn't good . If your skin is dehydrated and shedding you should lower the # of days per week you apply it . .
Are you using too?

I do it nightly Dry face. Then I apply hydration after a few mins and go to bed.

My skin gets red at first.

I do it nightly Dry face. Then I apply hydration after a few mins and go to bed.

If you dont answer, that means you're a larper.

Last edited:

When someone first starts using tretinoin, they should only use it a few times a week till the skin gets used to it.

When someone first starts using tretinoin, they should only use it a few times a week till the skin gets used to it.
I'm an impulsive autist and I started using the highest concentration (0.1%) every night from the beginning.

InjectE

i need to start using vitamin C more

thanks E for the tip