Is it possible I have the balding gene or just a shitty hairline?

GrowthReaper

GrowthReaper

born to mog, forced to slay
I have a mature hairline at 17 years old, thing is, it has always been like this, I have never noticed any kind of recession or thinning, my hairline just never was good, it's exactly the same as when I was like 10 years old. Even when I was a baby I had a trash hairline.

My father also had a very mature hairline since a very young age and he's now NW3 with some loss in the crown too. His father is also on the same stage as him.

My mother's father on the other hand, is 85 years old and barely past NW1. My mother has a naturally mature hairline (not hairloss), same thing as her mother and even my sister. There aren't any bald people in my family.

My question comes from the fact that many people say that balding genetics come from your mother's side, which I want to believe, but it doesn't seem like it makes any sense.

Am I due for a visit from the Reaper himself or does my family possibly just have naturally shitty hairlines?

Also, thank fucking god fringes became a thing lmao

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 26859
My question comes from the fact that many people say that balding genetics come from your mother's side, which I want to believe, but it doesn't seem like it makes any sense.
It can also come from the dads side. Basically, wherever there's a way MPB will come along to try and fuck you up.

let me just imagine the hairline brb
Neil Degrasse Tyson Mind Blown GIF

• JFL
Reactions: Lonenely sigma, Deleted member 27472 and Deleted member 17595
deleted video because I don't want my shitty hairline to be here forever

Last edited:
I have a mature hairline at 17 years old, thing is, it has always been like this, I have never noticed any kind of recession or thinning, my hairline just never was good, it's exactly the same as when I was like 10 years old. Even when I was a baby I had a trash hairline.

My father also had a very mature hairline since a very young age and he's now NW3 with some loss in the crown too. His father is also on the same stage as him.

My mother's father on the other hand, is 85 years old and barely past NW1. My mother has a naturally mature hairline (not hairloss), same thing as her mother and even my sister. There aren't any bald people in my family.

Am I due for a visit from the Reaper himself or does my family possibly just have naturally shitty hairlines?

Also, thank fucking god fringes became a thing lmao
Your genes are probably just giving you higher than baseline DHT, or maybe you're stressed, sad, etc. Those are common reasons outside of aging for a receding hairline.

Your genes are probably just giving you higher than baseline DHT, or maybe you're stressed, sad, etc. Those are common reasons outside of aging for a receding hairline.
it's not receding, it has stayed the exact same for as long as I remember, I used to get made fun of in 7th grade because of it

it's brutal, man. Imagine having to worry about that shit and fraud your hairline at 12 years old.

Last edited: