Is it possible to get rid of these fat deposits on the cheeks with surgery? (Pic)

R

ronald_2

Iron
I know about bichectomy but that surgery affects only the sides of the cheeks above the jaw, yet my problem resides just below the cheekbones next to the nose. As you can see there's visible fatty deposits (in this pic the lighting comes from the right side so its only visible on the right cheek. In person both sides are equal).

Is it possible? Btw Im not fat.

20240825 111311 1

Solution
chrishell
Well you're right. Both my upper and lower jaw are recessed, so is my nose as well. But to fix this I would have to undergo an extreme surgery that would change most of my face and also is very risky if they dont do it right. On top of that, the exorbitant price that these procedures cost make it impossible for me to get it. So I'm looking for alternatives to try and fix some of my deficiencies.

View attachment 3122804
Fair enough,
Ultimately, it's just a matter of not mistaking the forest for the trees. The deficiency you talk about only exists because of larger more structural deficiencies, and this small deficiency can't be addressed by itself without immediately introducing worse issues elsewhere on the face. Fat removal on recessed...
Excess fat in this area is often an red herring for the real issue: midface hypoplasia. From what I can see your midface and probably nose as well is recessed. Lack of bone support here causes skin to not be pulled as tightly across the face and appear as if you have excess fat.

There is malar fat pad liposuction but this rarely looks good and can age you considerably especially if your midface is already recessed.

• +1
Reactions: future_, 3arsa and ronald_2
Excess fat in this area is often an red herring for the real issue: midface hypoplasia. From what I can see your midface and probably nose as well is recessed. Lack of bone support here causes skin to not be pulled as tightly across the face and appear as if you have excess fat.

There is malar fat pad liposuction but this rarely looks good and can age you considerably especially if your midface is already recessed.
Well you're right. Both my upper and lower jaw are recessed, so is my nose as well. But to fix this I would have to undergo an extreme surgery that would change most of my face and also is very risky if they dont do it right. On top of that, the exorbitant price that these procedures cost make it impossible for me to get it. So I'm looking for alternatives to try and fix some of my deficiencies.

Btw my finger is pointing at the bottom of my chin. Everything to the left is skin and hair.

20240825 115729 1

Last edited:

View attachment 3122804
Removing it would just make you look much worse

• +1
Reactions: ronald_2

View attachment 3122804
Fair enough,
Ultimately, it's just a matter of not mistaking the forest for the trees. The deficiency you talk about only exists because of larger more structural deficiencies, and this small deficiency can't be addressed by itself without immediately introducing worse issues elsewhere on the face. Fat removal on recessed faces rarely ends well since if anything your facial fat gives the illusion of some more projection. I don't think surgery is worth it in your case outside of invasive, expensive craniofacial procedures.

Solution
Fair enough,
Ultimately, it's just a matter of not mistaking the forest for the trees. The deficiency you talk about only exists because of larger more structural deficiencies, and this small deficiency can't be addressed by itself without immediately introducing worse issues elsewhere on the face. Fat removal on recessed faces rarely ends well since if anything your facial fat gives the illusion of some more projection. I don't think surgery is worth it in your case outside of invasive, expensive craniofacial procedures.
Thank you for your honest and valuable opinion.

I will research about bimax and get surgical consultations. Maybe if the cost is not too extreme, I could save up for a few years and finally fix my root problem, and finally start living instead of just surviving.