Is it possible to have SFS and LFS at the same time?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Title, like being downgrown with a gummy smile but you also have a deep overbite that basically gives you SFS. Is this possible?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Meister!, temporomandibular32 and Deleted member 32486
bump

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
Yes.

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker and Deleted member 19766
How so? Would it be like how i described?
A deep overbite is caused by a short mandibular short length, or too much CCW rotation of the mandibular body. Sometimes it’s caused by both. If the maxilla is downwardly grown, but the mandibular body is incorrectly positioned counter-clockwise relative to the maxilla, it can produce a long midface, a gummy smile, and a short gonial angle.

• +1
A deep overbite is caused by a short mandibular short length, or too much CCW rotation of the mandibular body. Sometimes it’s caused by both. If the maxilla is downwardly grown, but the mandibular body is incorrectly positioned counter-clockwise relative to the maxilla, it can produce a long midface, a gummy smile, and a short gonial angle.
high iq greycel wtaf

but i think maybe in my case im just downward grown with a gummy smile and high gonial angle (LFS) while having a short mandible, deep overbite that gives me the SFS look (but im not actually very CCW with zero teeth show or anything, just a deepbite LFS guy). This make sense? Possible, right?

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32
Yes. Me.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
high iq greycel wtaf

but i think maybe in my case im just downward grown with a gummy smile and high gonial angle (LFS) while having a short mandible, deep overbite that gives me the SFS look (but im not actually very CCW with zero teeth show or anything, just a deepbite LFS guy). This make sense? Possible, right?
Yes, you can showcase both growth patterns, but it depends on your occlusal plane.

• +1
why not OP? i think i had both before bimax.....my gummy smile is still a little bit there imo

Title, like being downgrown with a gummy smile but you also have a deep overbite that basically gives you SFS. Is this possible?
I have this unironically. I wouldn't say too deep of an overbite but medically prescribed.