is it true that Chewing gives you low set cheekbones ?

adriano

adriano

Iron
i heard this: "excessive chewing causes tight masseters and the muscles pull on the skull bones, lowering them and pulling on the ramus, making it shorter, i heard that too," i don't know if that's true help me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: hiku, looksmaxxing223, Onewithmoss and 1 other person
excessive chewing can make your masseter muscles bigger but it won’t really change your jaw bones or pull on the skull like some people say to avoid issues you can stretch your jaw while you chew just open your mouth wide and hold it for a few seconds to relax the muscles it also helps to take breaks avoid clenching your jaw when you're not chewing and don’t overdo it with gum or tough foods staying relaxed and keeping good posture can also keep the muscles from getting too tight

in conclusion:
-avoid chewing too much (1-2 hours a day max)
-stretch in between chewing sessions, you can stretch the muscles while you chew or like every 10 minutes just take a break to stretch out masseter muscles

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: adriano
excessive chewing can make your masseter muscles bigger but it won’t really change your jaw bones or pull on the skull like some people say to avoid issues you can stretch your jaw while you chew just open your mouth wide and hold it for a few seconds to relax the muscles it also helps to take breaks avoid clenching your jaw when you're not chewing and don’t overdo it with gum or tough foods staying relaxed and keeping good posture can also keep the muscles from getting too tight
thanks man I heard that I can also do masseter massages to avoid that do you know any types of massage to do ? I searched but I didn't really find anything

• +1
Reactions: hiku
thanks man I heard that I can also do masseter massages to avoid that do you know any types of massage to do ? I searched but I didn't really find anything

found this on a guide-->
1. Circular Massage
- Place your fingers (index and middle) on the masseter muscle (located just below your cheekbones, near the back of your jaw).
- Apply gentle pressure and move your fingers in small circular motions.
- Continue this for about 1-2 minutes, focusing on any areas that feel tight or sore.

2. Jawline Pinch and Release
- Using your thumb and index finger, gently pinch along your jawline, starting near the back where your masseter is.
- Apply pressure and slowly release, moving along the jawline from the back toward the chin.
- Repeat this for about 1-2 minutes to release tension.

3. Up-and-Down Pressure Massage
- Place your fingers on your masseter and apply steady pressure, pressing down on the muscle.
- Slowly open your mouth while maintaining the pressure, and then close it.
- Repeat this motion 5-10 times to stretch and relax the muscle.

4. Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Massage
- With your index and middle fingers, find the area just in front of your ears where your jaw connects to your skull (the temporomandibular joint).
- Apply gentle circular pressure to this area for 1-2 minutes.
- This can help ease tension in the entire jaw and relax the masseters.

5. Knuckle Massage
- Use your knuckles to massage the masseter area, starting from the back near your ears and moving toward your chin.
- Apply medium pressure and move in small, circular motions.
- Continue for 1-2 minutes to loosen the muscles.

6. Self-Myofascial Release
- Use a small, soft ball (like a stress ball) and press it against the masseter muscle while rolling it in small circles.
- You can also open and close your mouth gently while pressing the ball into the muscle for an active stretch.

just look them up on youtube but here are some good ones that i found -->

• +1
Reactions: adriano