Is it true that you are a beginner as long as you can't squat 2 times your body weight?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Just read on few bodybuilding places, and all agree that you are a beginner as long as you can't 1 rep max 2 times your body weight on squats, or 1.5 times your bodyweight on bench press. Sounds brutal

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and owlofathena
2x bw in bench, who cares about legs anyway lol

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13335, Mongrelcel, owlofathena and 2 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, highT, lejend and 2 others
2x bw in bench, who cares about legs anyway lol

Just read on few bodybuilding places, and all agree that you are a beginner as long as you can't 1 rep max 2 times your body weight on squats, or 1.5 times your bodyweight on bench press. Sounds brutal
well i can bench more than i can squat so it depends on the person

• Woah
Reactions: paranakee
dont know need to research it

Define beginner? Beginner as in aspiring bodybuilder or gymcel in general? I've never performed a single squat in my life and have a good physique/don't look DYEL

Define beginner? Beginner as in aspiring bodybuilder or gymcel in general? I've never performed a single squat in my life and have a good physique/don't look DYEL
But you train your upper body then

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Gargantuan
nobody cares about squat, makes you look like shit plus strength you dont need

only strength that matters is grip, armwrestling, bodyweight stuff as thats the only thing you usually compare to others, definitely not squat

maybe I'm coping, I just got beaten in armwrestling by a guy (same weight as me) that can do like 5 chinups, where as I do 15

• So Sad
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Women dont, just don't have extremely chicken legs and you're fine
Women don't care about arms or chest too, the most important thing that women love is technically shoulders and lats, just train those 2 by that logic jfl retarded, imagine doing everything just for women

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
Women don't care about arms or chest too, the most important thing that women love is technically shoulders and lats, just train those 2 by that logic jfl retarded, imagine doing everything just for women
They do.
The most important thing for women other than shoulders is visible abs
you should speak to women
but if you lift for yourself more power to you if 99% of the people on this forum do something is for "slaying"

• +1
Reactions: klamus
But you train your upper body then
Yes upper body all day every day and I always skip leg day :forcedsmile:

But I will start to train my legs soon, hopefully.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
Kinda true but depends. If you are freakishly tall, you might not be designed to squat a lot of weight. Some people have massive advantages as it relates to limb lengths and anthopometry. The bench one is a bit high too imo. Depends on how height plays into it too

• +1
Reactions: highT
Do them asap, they release huge amounts of HGH and T, they improve all your other lifts.

Attachments

• Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg
    Leg-Day-STACK-.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 42
  • +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
2x bw squat is very impressive IMO

I mean let’s be honest: The average American man would probably herniate a disc trying to squat 1 plate lol

im just doing sprints for my legs and i have the same gains of when i was on the gym plus i don't have back pains

Well not beginner obviously