Is Ketoconazole a cope?

SteveRogers

SteveRogers

I have to return some videotapes.
Ok so first of all, I'm EXTREMELY predisposed to balding.
My Dad lost his hair at 30, started losing it around 25ish.
My Pop (Mum's Dad) lost ALL of his hair at 19 (plus he's 5'4, ouch!)
I'm 19, 2 months from being 20, haven't lost any hair, but I'm super paranoid.
I'm currently on SARMs, getting off-cycle in a couple of days.
I'm thinking of getting back on creatine while off-cycle (as well as PCT and laxogenin)
I know creatine increases DHT, which is good for my dick, but bad for my hair.
I know I can get my dick to over 8" x 6", so I don't really NEED the DHT for that, but would none the less take it for a quick extra 0.5".
I'm planning on starting my balding prevention ASAP, with Ketoconazole 20 mg/g (the product is called "Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 2% 100ml", I know it says anti-dandruff, but it's what my uncle has used for a long time and he has a whole head of hair - as well as the fact that Ketoconazole, the active ingredient, is said to be extremely effective in restoring hair and preventing hair loss).

So my question; is Ketoconazole a cope? As in, will it be able to handle all of this?
The creatine (won't take it if the strength gains that you guys have noticed haven't been anything to write home about + the dick increase is non-existant)
The SARMs
The shitty balding genetics

I genuinely don't know shit about preventing hair loss so any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Idk about hair loss but it cured my tinea versicolor

• +1
Reactions: Ethnicsmatter, Zeta ascended and SteveRogers
for hair loss its cope but for dandruff and stuff its not

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
You can only know by actually experimenting with it, bro. If you notice any sign of hair loss, try hopping on topical DHT blockers like Procapil (you'll find many shampoos with Procapil in them for pretty cheap). Other than that, keep using Keto, it's destroying the dandruff and scalp issues.

• +1
You can only know by actually experimenting with it, bro. If you notice any sign of hair loss, try hopping on topical DHT blockers like Procapil (you'll find many shampoos with Procapil in them for pretty cheap). Other than that, keep using Keto, it's destroying the dandruff and scalp issues.
Alright cheers sounds g

• +1
Reactions: DarkTriadPeerReview
Use it once every three days, put some moisturizer in your hair after the shower the days you use it, since it will make your whole scalp dry af.
It's the cure to dandruff also, for hair loss, idk if it ever did anything for me, but its so inexpensive might as well use it

• +1
im using that exact shampoo and im still losing 50-70 hair daily. its cope.

Ouchhhhh, alright thanks heaps, what are you planning on doing to fix that?

You might just have very thick hair, if your hairline isn't changing that's probably the case

It is not cope. But u need to use it every other day and leave it on your scalp for 5 minutes

• +1
You might just have very thick hair, if your hairline isn't changing that's probably the case

yea I have extremely thick/dense hair and I was worried about shedding for the last few months. But I've been checking my temples and hairline and it's looks the exact same. one thing I noticed is most of the hairs are long, very few of them are the little strands so it seems normal.

my hairline doesnt seem to change yea...will check in 6 months or smth

i use it but i also use minox because im fairly sure keto doesnt work

• +1
yea I have extremely thick/dense hair and I was worried about shedding for the last few months. But I've been checking my temples and hairline and it's looks the exact same. one thing I noticed is most of the hairs are long, very few of them are the little strands so it seems normal.
my hairline doesnt seem to change yea...will check in 6 months or smth
if the shedding worries u then u can just ask the barber next time ur getting ur hair cut to thin it out, I get it thinned every time I go cuz otherwise it's too much weight and I can't style it at all and still every time my barber comments on the thickness

• +1
Reactions: buflek
Idk about hair loss but it cured my tinea versicolor
I had the same thing and it didn't do shit. Minocycline cleared it out tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
if the shedding worries u then u can just ask the barber next time ur getting ur hair cut to thin it out, I get it thinned every time I go cuz otherwise it's too much weight and I can't style it at all and still every time my barber comments on the thickness

interesting I didn tknow they could thin out your hair? I usually resort to getting a fade but I really just like the volume my hair has when its grown out but yea it just gets so nappy and thick it becomes a pain in the ass.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
you're supposed to use it in conjunction with finasteride

you're supposed to use it in conjunction with finasteride

Or minoxidil. That can cause dandruff and ketoconazole is effective against that. Not against much else though

Losing 70 hairs a day is normal. 50 is even below average.

• +1
Reactions: buflek
Or minoxidil. That can cause dandruff and ketoconazole is effective against that. Not against much else though

op was aiming at hair (re)growth, for which ketaconazole on its own is not enough (if it even has an effect on hair growth)

• +1
normal =/= ideal

more than 20 a day and you are not good anymore

yes. you need fin or dut. Everything else is cope.

• +1
use RU instead if u dont wanna mess with serum dht levels

• +1