Is laser eye colour changing surgery legit and a thing yet?

D

Deleted member 8853

Random account
Saw some articles on quora briefly explaining this surgical procedure on how it goes to reduce your melanin amount in your eyes leaving permanent lifelong results.

Is this legit and/or safe?

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Ponder and Alexanderr
It's called STROMA, and yes it's legit and safe according to clinical trials but it has not been released yet.

They're just destroying the layers of eumelanin in your eye to reveal the shade of color under your eyes (could be green or blue).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 10524, Deleted member 10536 and 2 others
No, it sounds bullshit, whenever a new technology would appear, all sorts of quacks would claim you can use it to cure all sorts of diseases and do some pretty marvelous things. First it was magnets, then electrical currents, then radio waves, now it's all about lasers who are claimed to do everything - reverse baldness, cure acne, help you lose weight, regenerate the skin, change the eye color, etc...
There are some legit medical uses for lasers, but changing the eye color seems very dubious.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 10536, Deleted member 8853, WadlowMaxxing and 1 other person
Yeah it is. There are 3 places where lots of people go:
Turkey
Mexico
Spain

Here are the before and after from someone who went to turkey. It was 16 sessions (40 days) and cost like 7k dollars without accommodation and travel there. Duo privacy reasons I wont post the before and after of the face. Darker eyes will take far more sessions. It wont hurt since toy got eye drops. You will have trouble seeing for 1 day after a session and your eyes will permanently be more sun sensitive duo the lack of melatin. Darker eyes can tolerate sun exposure better. This isnt stoma but some self developed laser the companies made.
Screenshot 20201217 181644 Facebook

• +1
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd and Ponder
Turkey
Mexico
Spain

Here are the before and after from someone who went to turkey. It was 16 sessions (40 days) and cost like 7k dollars without accommodation and travel there. Duo privacy reasons I wont post the before and after of the face. Darker eyes will take far more sessions. It wont hurt since toy got eye drops. You will have trouble seeing for 1 day after a session and your eyes will permanently be more sun sensitive duo the lack of melatin. Darker eyes can tolerate sun exposure better. This isnt stoma but some self developed laser the companies made.
View attachment 875365
U gotta be really set into getting lighter eyes if you would go to those places for a surgery like this, kinda crazy.

Turkey
Mexico
Spain

View attachment 875365
Nice, now I can finally get greycel eyes

• JFL
Reactions: TheEndHasNoEnd and Pumanator
Jfl they look even more darker.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
No, it sounds bullshit, whenever a new technology would appear, all sorts of quacks would claim you can use it to cure all sorts of diseases and do some pretty marvelous things. First it was magnets, then electrical currents, then radio waves, now it's all about lasers who are claimed to do everything - reverse baldness, cure acne, help you lose weight, regenerate the skin, change the eye color, etc...
There are some legit medical uses for lasers, but changing the eye color seems very dubious.
There’s already a plethora of evidence that you’re able to change your eye color with lasers. Your opinion seems to stem from preconceived biases and just plain ignorance, really.

Here’s an article explaining in detail how it works and why it works.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
There’s already a plethora of evidence that you’re able to change your eye color with lasers. Your opinion seems to stem from preconceived biases and just plain ignorance, really.

Here’s an article explaining in detail how it works and why it works.
I sort of think and get a feeling he was just being ironic/sarcastic, but idk.

I sort of think and get a feeling he was just being ironic/sarcastic, but idk.
No, he’s dead serious. Pretty sure this is not the first time I’ve heard his opinion on the matter.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997 and Deleted member 10536
No, he’s dead serious. Pretty sure this is not the first time I’ve heard his opinion on the matter.

Have you changed your mind on what you wrote here ? -> https://looksmax.org/threads/is-this-eye-color-procedure-legit.161066/post-2731222

I've been researching this shit and digging everywhere I could find, unless this Dr. Mustafa Mete guy has glowies and shills in every corner of the internet, he's probably pretty legit. He's probably the only trustworthy Turkish eye color changing doctor. Waiting for stroma might be the play but I have a feeling Gregg Homer will die before that shit releases, if ever. In like 4 years or so I'd think about getting this procedure done, and if there's no progress made with Stroma or someone else, I think this person is really solid.

Another intriguing choice was Yeux Clairs , but I can't find any reviews for it anywhere I look.

Also, one more thing, in the article you mentioned above, the author is apparently a consultant at Stroma, so while she seems very reputable, maybe she's shilling for stroma since she might have a vested interest.

getting some laster treatment like this on my eyes is the last thing I would do.
To risky imo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11134