Is magnesium Citrate useless?

R

rinkendinken

Iron
I just found out I bought the wrong magnesium and bought the one that makes you shit. I am already a huge shitter so should I stay away from this one and order a new one, or is it basically the same thing?

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and mulattomaxxer
I recently bouught magnesium. I was told the maginesium cirate is stronger so its more likely to upset the stomach. They both do the same thing.

• +1
Reactions: rinkendinken
magnesium glycinate mogs since you need alot of magnesium to not be deficient (5mg ELEMENTAL magnesium per lbs, glycinate is 14% elemental and citrate is 16% but if you took that much you would get very sick, I take 12k mg of glycinate daily)

citrate is always good to have at home if you ever get constipated it gets the job done

• +1
Reactions: smoothsexy, dadfa and rinkendinken
magnesium glycinate mogs since you need alot of magnesium to not be deficient (5mg ELEMENTAL magnesium per lbs, glycinate is 14% elemental and citrate is 16% but if you took that much you would get very sick, I take 12k mg of glycinate daily)

citrate is always good to have at home if you ever get constipated it gets the job done
Wait, to get 12k mg you need to buy it in powder forms right? Cus the pills I saw were 800mcg each with around 500 pills. But that doesn’t sound like nearly enough. I was thinking about Taurate for working out, is that a good one?

I recently bouught magnesium. I was told the maginesium cirate is stronger so its more likely to upset the stomach. They both do the same thing.
Wait, so you think I could use citrate but just take lower dosages and I’ll be good?

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
  • +1
Reactions: rinkendinken
Around how much would you take cus I weight around 80kg

Lol,then the pills of 400 mg are bad?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5815
Lol,then the pills of 400 mg are bad?

depends, the doctor's best ones are 100mg a pill but it's 100mg elemental from 1000mg lysinate glycinate

if it's only 400mg glycinate it's so little it contains 56mg of magnesium that gets depleted entirely in the hour or two its consumed

Last edited:
Wait, to get 12k mg you need to buy it in powder forms right? Cus the pills I saw were 800mcg each with around 500 pills. But that doesn’t sound like nearly enough. I was thinking about Taurate for working out, is that a good one?
taurate and taurine in general are very nice it helps with hairloss testosterone sleep

• Woah
Reactions: Kroker
View attachment 1646932
depends, the doctor's best ones are 100mg a pill but it's 100mg elemental from 1000mg lysinate glycinate

if it's only 400mg glycinate it's so little it contains 56mg of magnesium that gets depleted entirely in the hour or two its consumed
So taking it won't be sufficient?