Is Male Skincare Routine Propaganda?

3.5/10 17yrs old.

3.5/10 17yrs old.

Iron
I've been doing skincare (consisting of using a blemish cleanser and moisturizing with a normal to dry skin moisturizer every night before bed) for around a year on and off and I have seen more negative effects than positive effects.

Around a month ago, I went on a holiday and stopped skincare entirely. After 3 weeks, there was not a pimple in site on my face considering that I had maintained relatively the same diet, while doing the same level of exercise and sleep. Upon arrival, I restarted back up the skincare and within a week my face looked like a frikin pizza.
This had happened in the past, when I would go away for the long weekend and stop the routine for a week or so. With my face then being clear, I would start up the skincare again just for it to make the opposite effect.

While maintaining the routine, my skin will feel softer but with more breakouts; and vice versa while not maintaining it it will feel dry but with less breakouts.

I am struggling to found out what I am doing wrong, the only conclusion I have is that it could be a hormonal problem, in which I am unable to control. I only put a small amount of moisturizer on, my skin is usually semi dry. Should I start using a blemish cleanser as well?

Suggestions would be much appreciated 😊.

Skin Care GIF by EwaliBeauty

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado, GabachoCopium and buflek
you were probably less stressed on your vacation causing less pimples but yeah skincare for acne is cope

• +1
Reactions: 3.5/10 17yrs old.
Then add retinol after skincare, though could make it worse if your 17

• +1
Reactions: JoKhao and 3.5/10 17yrs old.
Skincare for men might almost be cope. Though you should still use moisturizer here and there and also use Tret and accutane if you need it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IndraBC, framemoggerr, Oxygen and 1 other person
skincare isn't to make your existing skin look better it's to prevent it from getting worse with age.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, GabachoCopium, Oxygen and 2 others
tretinoin / taz for anti aging and probably some reverse aging
moisturizer to counter the dryness from tret/taz
sunscreen to counter sensitive skin from tret/taz

diet low in inflammatory food (milk, wheat, sugar) for acne

and youll have model tier skin

• +1
Reactions: boss8055, tyronechadmax, Vanilla and 2 others
Would you just recommend I just continue to watch my diet?
ageing is mostly your entire lifestyle, that includes diet, water intake, sun exposure, activity levels, on top of wearing sunscreen or at least covering your body, but also other factors like smoking and alcohol.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and 3.5/10 17yrs old.
i would say anything beyond sunscreen tretinoin and peptides like matirxyl is a waste of time . You can add some chemical peels here and there and some good quiality derminator microneedling but you are set with that .

• +1
fix diet and hormonal profile first

then, like others are saying, focus on the only useful skincare items like tret, pa++++ sunscreen, gentle cleanser, maybe moisturizer

• +1
Guys who use tret and report getting even more acne is cuz of not using a sunscream or a moisturizer do the full skincare and you'll do good
Also make sure to drink plenty of water idk why it's so so underated
I drank a gallon of water ed for past 2 months and my skin literally glows ,0 pimples
Water and good diet is more important than any skincare you can do ...

• +1
Reactions: 3.5/10 17yrs old. and Vanilla
It was probs smthing else I went on vacation took same routine I use at home and skin improved when I got back it got worse

• +1
Guys who use tret and report getting even more acne is cuz of not using a sunscream or a moisturizer do the full skincare and you'll do good
Also make sure to drink plenty of water idk why it's so so underated
I drank a gallon of water ed for past 2 months and my skin literally glows ,0 pimples
Water and good diet is more important than any skincare you can do ...
Wouldn't tret be more of a powerful approach on the skin or cause irritation?

• +1
Reactions: evannes
tretinoin / taz for anti aging and probably some reverse aging
moisturizer to counter the dryness from tret/taz
sunscreen to counter sensitive skin from tret/taz

diet low in inflammatory food (milk, wheat, sugar) for acne

and youll have model tier skin
Also minimise alcohol consumption and smoking.

• +1
Reactions: 3.5/10 17yrs old. and buflek