Is minoxidil really bad for your skin?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Fuck i want to have a beard so bad tbh, is it really very bad for the skin?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 6403
Only where it's applied.

Also you probably shouldn't use it cause you're acne prone

mirin astolfo avi

Foam tends to give far far less irritation and issues with skin

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, Effortless and Bubarik
Yeah I put that shit on my hand and it stinged like hell, it's bad where it's applied.
Try it if you can tolerate it, I'd be extremely careful. If it damaged and made my hand red, imagine on your face.

No its not bad the skin, PG and ethanol may make your skin dry thus making it look worse temporarily, but this can all be mitigated by using a moisturizer.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, MikeMew'sBitch, Elvisandreaa and 2 others
Yeah I put that shit on my hand and it stinged like hell, it's bad where it's applied.
Try it if you can tolerate it, I'd be extremely careful. If it damaged and made my hand red, imagine on your face.
Fin made your dick bleed, and now min made your hand red? C'mon man, did the Norwood reaper and the allergy devil conspire with god when you where made?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 43934, Deleted member 9670, PYT and 9 others
Fuck i want to have a beard so bad tbh, is it really very bad for the skin?
Why u wanna beard fraud for? Get saving for day bimax boyo

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Absolutely. You don't even need studies on minox and the face to know that. Minox raises Pge2 massively, and Pge2 is massively studied to cause collagen and elastin inhibition

Absolutely. You don't even need studies on minox and the face to know that. Minox raises Pge2 massively, and Pge2 is massively studied to cause collagen and elastin inhibition
because collagen is what fills up your your hair follicles when they reach fibrosis and wither. it would literally be impossible for minoxdil to work if it didnt inhibit collagen. that doesnt mean it affects skin integrity. Elastin has a half life of decades, meanwhile collagen turnover is constantly changing. If it actually lowered your body collagen you would feel it in your joints and tendons, unless you wanna assert that it somehow only affects skin and not cartilage and tendons, which are all type 1 collagen. Post an in vivo study that showed actual lower collagen in skin. what people notice is loss of transepidermal moisture due to alcohol, the most likely explanation

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, LastHopeForNorman and TsarTsar444
Foam tends to give far far less irritation and issues with skin
I, and a number of other people I read about on the internet, had terrible skin effects from foam minoxidil but not the liquid kind. Just use the liquid with some moisturizer.

It will make your acne worse

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670