is moisturizer worth it?

DoctorPMA

DoctorPMA

Equinox
My skin is pretty good and never needed to do anything but do you guys use moisturizer? Or any other products? I am debating if I should start using it as most people that I talked to recommend it. Are there any downsides?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
Moisturizer is the most important part of skin-care. It will be the difference between looking 5-10 years younger when you're 35-40 and will prevent wrinkles and other signs of prematurely aging. Moisturizer + proper hydration is key.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 23554, ascension and 1 other person
only if you use products that completely dry out your skin (which you shouldn't be doing anyways), otherwise no
Moisturizer is the most important part of skin-care
cope

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: chawaje, zharupodrugu, malicieusss and 1 other person
Moisturizer is the most important part of skin-care. It will be the difference between looking 5-10 years younger when you're 35-40 and will prevent wrinkles and other signs of prematurely aging. Moisturizer + proper hydration is key.
What products do you recommend ?

only if you use products that completely dry out your skin (which you shouldn't be doing anyways), otherwise no

cope
I use 0 products what so ever and aside from pimples every now and again I have nothing. I am wondering if it is worth it for LONG TERM

No moisturizer for your face

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension, zeshama, Deleted member 16371 and 4 others
the only skin care item it sounds like you need is sunscreen, i also have skin that honestly doesn't need moisturizer ive been using it less and i have less acne overall

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: CyberPsychodelic, agoostis and DoctorPMA
I use 0 products what so ever and aside from pimples every now and again I have nothing. I am wondering if it is worth it for LONG TERM
if its not broken dont fix it

• +1
Reactions: DoctorPMA
What products do you recommend ?
Depends on your skin type.
Aveeno Lotion
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Cetaphil moisturizer
Right now you may not need it but it will be worth it later on. Sunscreen will help aswell.

• +1
yes.

my skin was almost flawless before(no acne/1 spot max appeared every other month, no scarrings or dryoiliness) and ive never used products before at all. same towel etc. but ive implemented cleanser and moisturizer in my routine and i look and feel better. even though my skin is still kinda the same. i kinda glow and feel more productive and fresh doing a simple 5 min routine every morning.

besides skincare is a good topic to talk bout w women, they always gush around me when i mention products and stuff since guys usually dont do it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Yerico7, JohnDoe and DoctorPMA
besides skincare is a good topic to talk bout w women, they always gush around me when i mention products and stuff since guys usually dont do it.
True. They were surprised that I dont use anything. They were eager to recommend me bunch of creams n shit for me and my friend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24367
Im about to start tret 0.05% every other nights solely to improve my skin even more (i dont have acne)

I heard it may dry my skin out if I dont pair it with a moisturizer of some sort so I bought one.

I heard the holy trinity of facial products is tret, a moisturizer and sunscreen. Its not too complicated for me so I'll try that out for a couple of month.

I'm also starting microneedling with 0.75mm on the face for collagenmaxxing on the side. The tret + this microneedling seem to have real long lasting benefits and its not time consuming.

I'm also starting microneedling with 0.75mm on the face for collagenmaxxing on the side. The tret + this microneedling seem to have real long lasting benefits and its not time consuming.
why not just take a pure collagen supplement?

why not just take a pure collagen supplement?
Doesn't work. You not only produce collagen at a rapid rate from microneedling but also, your body makes use of it.

Supplementing is often times completely useless cause your body doesn't know what to do with that extra collagen.

• Hmm...
Ill be getting this. Ty bro
Choose moisturizer accroding to your skin type. I've tried both cerave and Laroche posay. LP feels better to be honest but it my experience

• +1