Is my gym training good ? (PPL*2)

Blackpilled1027

Blackpilled1027

Zephir
BTW I'M IN HOMEGYM

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel
If you do squat and deadlift in one day, and after that youre not dead, that means youre doing smth wrong

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Schönling, Deleted member 13021, randomuser2407 and 4 others
If you do squat and deadlift in one day, and after that youre not dead, that means youre doing smth wrong
So what do you recommand me ? I did my legs with this training 2 times and it's hard but i wasn't dead :lul:
What should i do then ?

• +1
up

• +1
So what do you recommand me ? I did my legs with this training 2 times and it's hard but i wasn't dead :lul:
What should i do then ?

Tbh, you get the biggest gains when you walk out from the gym with energy and desire to continue. If you can do squats and deadlift in a raw it means that your weight on a barbell is child-tier. Some lifters who go for 300+ kg wait for 20 minutes between sets.

I recommend you to do 1 basic exercise in one day, in 5 series (8-10 reps), and after that go to 4-6 reps when your weight would become bigger after some time. Just concentrate on increasing weigth on a barbell.

You don't need bullshit with dumbells and curls until you can do at least 120+ bench press, 180 deadlift etc. Ofc you can do a few series with dumbells just for fun, but concentrate on saving your energy and increasing weights.

I would concentrate on:
Deadlift
Squats
Bench press

And also would do:
Pull-ups
And pulling and pushing exercise for shoulders with barbell

When i went to the gym, i had very good base with calisthenics, i started for bench press 60 kg x 10 reps, with own weight like 67, and after 1.5-2 month my weight was 73 kg, and 85 bench for 10 reps. Just literally 40 minutes, leave the gym and go eat.

• +1
Tbh, you get the biggest gains when you walk out from the gym with energy and desire to continue. If you can do squats and deadlift in a raw it means that your weight on a barbell is child-tier. Some lifters who go for 300+ kg wait for 20 minutes between sets.

I recommend you to do 1 basic exercise in one day, in 5 series (8-10 reps), and after that go to 4-6 reps when your weight would become bigger after some time. Just concentrate on increasing weigth on a barbell.

You don't need bullshit with dumbells and curls until you can do at least 120+ bench press, 180 deadlift etc. Ofc you can do a few series with dumbells just for fun, but concentrate on saving your energy and increasing weights.

I would concentrate on:
Deadlift
Squats
Bench press

And also would do:
Pull-ups
And pulling and pushing exercise for shoulders with barbell

When i went to the gym, i had very good base with calisthenics, i started for bench press 60 kg x 10 reps, with own weight like 67, and after 1.5-2 month my weight was 73 kg, and 85 bench for 10 reps. Just literally 40 minutes, leave the gym and go eat.
Bro i really want to do a PPL, this is the best way to ascend quickly.
What do exercice do you recommand me instead of squat or DL ? Maybe i should move the Deadlift to the pull day ?

• +1
  • +1
This is for the isolation bro, in poly exercice i only do 6-10
15-20 is still too much for curls, aim for 8-12. 15-20 reps is for endurance not hypertrophy. Only thing that needs 15-20 is delts since they respond well to high volume, might want to add another 3 sets of lateral raises and switch skull crushers with overhead tricep extension. Do lateral raise 3 sets, tricep extension 3 set and then lateral raise again.

Add some incline db bench press too.

• +1
yeah, deadlift and pull-ups would be enough, u won't be able to do more if your barbell would be heavy tho.
What about the back shoulder ? It's fucking important to get a wide frame bro

15-20 is still too much for curls, aim for 8-12. 15-20 reps is for endurance not hypertrophy. Only thing that needs 15-20 is delts since they respond well to high volume, might want to add another 3 sets of lateral raises and switch skull crushers with overhead tricep extension. Do lateral raise 3 sets, tricep extension 3 set and then lateral raise again.

Add some incline db bench press too.
Ok thanks i'll change it (maybe that's why curl are fucking hard for me lmao)
The thing is that i'm in homegym so idk if i could do Incline db bench press, my bench is fucked up maybe i'll change it

Thanks for the advises

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
What about the back shoulder ? It's fucking important to get a wide frame bro
if you would lifting 200 kg barbell your back shoulder would grow better that from any isolation, as i said you can do it for fun if you want, but it's better not to waste your energy for isolation too much

• +1
Reactions: Blackpilled1027
Ok thanks i'll change it (maybe that's why curl are fucking hard for me lmao)
The thing is that i'm in homegym so idk if i could do Incline db bench press, my bench is fucked up maybe i'll change it

Thanks for the advises
np, have you checked out the reddit PPL? You can probably modify some exercises from there

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and Blackpilled1027
if you are juicing than isolation works good, but if you are natty you should concentrate on heavier weights

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Blackpilled1027
np, have you checked out the reddit PPL? You can probably modify some exercises from there
Yeah i checked i'll redo it
if you would lifting 200 kg barbell your back shoulder would grow better that from any isolation, as i said you can do it for fun if you want, but it's better not to waste your energy for isolation too much
Ok i'll try to get more poly that's understeable thanks bro

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Sens
if you are juicing than isolation works good, but if you are natty you should concentrate on heavier weights
This guy wants to look, not be strong. He will look like a t-rex if he does some shitty compounds only exercises. You need accessories

• Love it
Oh yeah true i almost forget it (i'm natty)

• +1
This guy wants to look, not be strong. He will look like a t-rex if he does some shitty compounds only exercises. You need accessories
So for you, i have enough poly exercices ?

• +1
yes, so he need to get 120 bech, 180 lift to build muscle, and after that he can go for isolation and work on his looks, you can't grow anything with isolation

• Hmm...
yes, so he need to get 120 bech, 180 lift to build muscle, and after that he can go for isolation and work on his looks, you can't grow anything with isolation
That's true, but he can deffo do power and hypertrophy work. On 1st push day he can go for 5x5 bench press, and on the other day he can focus on 3x8-12 rep for bench. I just realised how retarded his routine was kek

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Blackpilled1027 and Sens
That's true, but he can deffo do power and hypertrophy work. On 1st push day he can go for 5x5 bench press, and on the other day he can focus on 3x8-12 rep for bench. I just realised how retarded his routine was kek
Ok but bro i need help
I know PPL*2 is shitty but what the fuck should i do then ? Split ? PPLU ?

I don't want shitty FB or HB

• +1
Ok but bro i need help
I know PPL*2 is shitty but what the fuck should i do then ? Split ? PPLU ?

I don't want shitty FB or HB
Listen dude, you didn't even answer my first question on how long you've been lifting

• Woah
Listen dude, you didn't even answer my first question on how long you've been lifting
1 year but with an absolute retarded full body
All i want is a PPL or a split to ascend as fast as possible natty

• +1
Reactions: thecel and FailedNormieManlet
1 year but with an absolute retarded full body
All i want is a PPL or a split to ascend as fast as possible natty
Post your lifts and bodyweight, are you at least at intermediate level of strength? Or were you lifting on and off?

• +1
Post your lifts and bodyweight, are you at least at intermediate level of strength? Or were you lifting on and off?
I'm weak, (30kg Benchpress, 40kg Squat and DL) but i can do more, i just don't want to ego lift for this moment
I can do my routine 7days/7, i have the time, that's why i want a PPL or split

I'm 62kg for 1m80

• So Sad
I'm weak, (30kg Benchpress, 40kg Squat and DL) but i can do more, i just don't want to ego lift for this moment
I can do my routine 7days/7, i have the time, that's why i want a PPL or split

I'm 62kg for 1m80
okay dude, listen you are fucking stupidly weak. Holy shit man.

Alright so for all your compound lifts, what you want to do is alternate them from hypertrophy and strength. On push day 1 do 5x5 bench, push day 2, 3x8-12. Most of your gains will be strength gains. Secondly, switch your DB shoulder press for OHP.

You have good form I hope?

For pendlay rows, do 5x5 too

• So Sad
okay dude, listen you are fucking stupidly weak. Holy shit man.

Alright so for all your compound lifts, what you want to do is alternate them from hypertrophy and strength. On push day 1 do 5x5 bench, push day 2, 3x8-12. Most of your gains will be strength gains. Secondly, switch your DB shoulder press for OHP.

You have good form I hope?

For pendlay rows, do 5x5 too
OK wait

So for all my compound lifts i from hypertrophy and strength :
-It means that my pull up need to be weighted ?
-In strength day i can do my isolation like in the hypertrophy day ?
-For example with squat and deadlift, what would be the hypertrophy day and the strenght day ?
-Should i remplace Deadlift by Romanian deadlift ?

Why not be focused on hypertrophy ?

I'm in good form yes

OK wait

So for all my compound lifts i from hypertrophy and strength :
-It means that my pull up need to be weighted ?
-In strength day i can do my isolation like in the hypertrophy day ?
-For example with squat and deadlift, what would be the hypertrophy day and the strenght day ?
-Should i remplace Deadlift by Romanian deadlift ?

Why not be focused on hypertrophy ?

I'm in good form yes
pull ups, focus on being able to do 3 sets of 12 first, then add weight. Dw about strength for that.

Pull day 1, do rows 5x5 (that's your compound)

Push day 1 do 5x5 bench press, 3x8-12 OHP

Legs day 1, do 3 sets of 5 squats, and your other things like RDL

Pull day 2, Do deadlifts 1x5+ (don't do deadlifts on leg day, take those out)

Push day 2 do 3x8-12 bench, 5x5 OHP (do your 5x5 set first before u do hypertrophy)

You need strength, most of ur gains will be from strength firstly. No one ever got big benching 50kg

• +1
pull ups, focus on being able to do 3 sets of 12 first, then add weight. Dw about strength for that.

Pull day 1, do rows 5x5 (that's your compound)

Push day 1 do 5x5 bench press, 3x8-12 OHP

Legs day 1, do 3 sets of 5 squats, and your other things like RDL

Pull day 2, Do deadlifts 1x5+ (don't do deadlifts on leg day, take those out)

Push day 2 do 3x8-12 bench, 5x5 OHP (do your 5x5 set first before u do hypertrophy)

You need strength, most of ur gains will be from strength firstly. No one ever got big benching 50kg
Alright thanks alot, only one more question, what do you think about the upright row ? good idea in pull day ?

Alright thanks alot, only one more question, what do you think about the upright row ? good idea in pull day ?
I've never done upright rows to be real, so I can't give advice.

On pull day as long as you train :- biceps, front delt, lateral delt, back and lats you should be good

• +1

this routine mogs

What should i do then ?

Do pull push legs rest pull push legs rest. With deadlift on pull day and squat on legs