Is my home gym enough for most muscle groups?

Deleted member 3795

Deleted member 3795

Kraken
I have a barbell, dumbbells, a pull up bar
And a basic bench like this:

Idk wht weights u have but u really dont need heavy weight. The distinction between a bodybuilder and the genral public who just think higher weight equals more muscle is a legit person who has been training for years can make low weight put more strain on the muscle through correct form and mind-muscle connection. Focus on form and making sure you feel that contraction in the muscles.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: stuckneworleans, middayshowers, CopingForLife and 4 others
Idk wht weights u have but u really dont need heavy weight. The distinction between a bodybuilder and the genral public who just think higher weight equals more muscle is a legit person who has been training for years can make low weight put more strain on the muscle through correct form and mind-muscle connection. Focus on form and making sure you feel that contraction in the muscles.

Atm my heaviest weights are heavier than I can lift so it’s all good.

more than enough

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795
PM if you want workout routine it’s great

• +1
I have all that and a pullupbar and one of those chainbelts to increase weight for pull-ups

• +1
Reactions: Cope and Deleted member 3795
No home gym for muscles for your face

• JFL
Reactions: sloopnoob
You need PRX Performance PRO, weights, barbell, and bench.

That's all. You can work any muscle group if you know what to do with that.

This is gold and simple advice for an home gym that is adaptable to small spaces.

• +1
You can still get progressive overload without heavy weights. Pause reps/sets come to mind, failure holds for deadlifts, etc.

• +1
You need PRX Performance PRO, weights, barbell, and bench.

That's all. You can work any muscle group if you know what to do with that.

This is gold and simple advice for an home gym that is adaptable to small spaces.
This is only my short-term plan. I don’t like working out at home because it makes me depressed.
I’ll be back in a proper gym as soon as it’s open again.

is what I have right now good enough?

this is roid bodybuilder advice. jfl at thinking a natty gets big benching 135 but focusing on the squeeze.

@SlavCelibate Don't forget to buy a neck harness...

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 3795
this is roid bodybuilder advice. jfl at thinking a natty gets big benching 135 but focusing on the squeeze.
On bench press if I use a lighter weight, say 10 kg less than what I could lift for 8-10 reps, and focus only on getting my elbows close to each other by contracting the pecs, I feel my chest gets a better workout than when using more weight and just trying to get the weight up.

• +1
Reactions: TitusA and Deleted member 3795
Is this more effective than doing neck curls on a bed?

Ideally neck curls over a bench using a plate that is supported by your arms. Seated neck extensions with the harness for working the muscles on the back of the neck.

That was anybody who has actually stepped in a gym and left their house advice tbh. The form is considerably more important for building muscle. If we are talking weight lifting for athletic purposes its a different story. Why don't you try quitting being a malcontent whiny bitch for just 1 day and you might get out of this forum and get some rl experience. Also fyi I was 215 pounds lean natty before I touched steroids.

Last edited:
Add a dip belt to do weighted pull-ups and chin-ups

• +1