Is my lower jaw recessed?

Deleted member 8616

Deleted member 8616

Gold
I noticed that my lower lip is way more forward than my chin. How bad is the recession? From the front my jaw seems square.

My father has forward growth and my sister too, my other sister and my mother have no recession. Unlikely I got this from genetics. I think I got it from a retarted sucking habit I have where I basically fold my tongue and suck the tip of it in the inside of my mouth. I used to suck my tongue as a kid but they put a machine thing in my mouth to make me stop so I developed the other technique.

My bite is fine and I never needed orthodontic work. I've also always mewed without knowing.
20200821 094605

YES but not a lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4464 and Deleted member 8616
Doesnt have to come in front of the lips. Biggest misconception here.

• +1
Reactions: didntreadlol, Warlow, Deleted member 4797 and 2 others
Take a pic of your side profile in Frankfurt Plane, then measure the naison straight down in a 90 degree angle. If you're chin is ahead of that you're good.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616
I would say no because your labiomental isn't recessed

recessed_vs_forward_faces_crop_tilted_comments-1.jpg

Number 3 is what Im talking about

• +1
Reactions: brainded and Deleted member 8616
Doesnt have to come in front of the lips. Biggest misconception here.
Indeed. I see many chins (like mine) that are very forward projected but slightly behind the lips. It's not the chin that's recessed, it's the lips being protruded forward. Almost all guys with good forward growth have chin at or slightly behind lips.

• +1
Reactions: Warlow, Deleted member 4464, brainded and 1 other person
I would say no because your labiomental isn't recessed

recessed_vs_forward_faces_crop_tilted_comments-1.jpg

Number 3 is what Im talking about
So i can look recessed but not actually be? My lips do the same thing as sean o pry but his bones are thick af to compensate.

Indeed. I see many chins (like mine) that are very forward projected but slightly behind the lips. It's not the chin that's recessed, it's the lips being protruded forward. Almost all guys with good forward growth have chin at or slightly behind lips.
am i recessed in your opinion?

am i recessed in your opinion?
Overall yes because mandible is bad and there is no ramus visibilty. I'd say that is a 3.5/10 side profile. Average considering the average man is recessed.

Even the naison thing isn't very accurate. Best results I've tried is facial Convexity Angle. Here is example of chico who fails naison test.
56F782AA 77A4 4497 BD1B AF6674CA4CC2

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8064
Even the naison thing isn't very accurate. Best results I've tried is facial Convexity Angle. Here is example of chico who fails naison test.View attachment 606207
For me naison test doesn't work because my mouth is ahead of my naison. My chin is past my glebella tho, so that's how I know I have projected chin.

Overall yes because mandible is bad and there is no ramus visibilty. I'd say that is a 3.5/10 side profile. Average considering the average man is recessed.
Based on what I can see I would say he isn't recessed. Just slightly recessed chin but maxilla looks forward grown. However I'll need to see full side profile with brow ridge and naison to be accurate.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8064
Based on what I can see I would say he isn't recessed. Just slightly recessed chin but maxilla looks forward grown. However I'll need to see full side profile with brow ridge and naison to be accurate.
I have high standards for side profile tbh

So i can look recessed but not actually be? My lips do the same thing as sean o pry but his bones are thick af to compensate.

Your not recessed, look at your cheek line.

a085908ec167a62efb7257eb37b21cec.png

The only way for you to be recessed with a forward cheek line, would be by having an underbite, but you said your bite is normal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616 and brainded
Your not recessed, look at your cheek line.

a085908ec167a62efb7257eb37b21cec.png

The only way for you to be recessed with a forward cheek line, would be by having an underbite, but you said your bite is normal.
Lifefuel tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797
I noticed that my lower lip is way more forward than my chin. How bad is the recession? From the front my jaw seems square.

My father has forward growth and my sister too, my other sister and my mother have no recession. Unlikely I got this from genetics. I think I got it from a retarted sucking habit I have where I basically fold my tongue and suck the tip of it in the inside of my mouth. I used to suck my tongue as a kid but they put a machine thing in my mouth to make me stop so I developed the other technique.

My bite is fine and I never needed orthodontic work. I've also always mewed without knowing.
View attachment 606196
Wait till 24. Get some supplements. You can check some threads, and workout. You might gain more bonemass in mandible. You can loose fat too.

• +1
Wait till 24. Get some supplements. You can check some threads, and workout. You might gain more bonemass in mandible. You can loose fat too.
I'm probably 15% BF, I can see my 6pack when dragging the lower abdominal fat down and I have a defined four pack. I lift weights and such, lets see!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
By the way, should I eat a fuk ton or should i leanmax and such considering im still in puberty? Whats better in the longterm?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1751
By the way, should I eat a fuk ton or should i leanmax and such considering im still in puberty? Whats better in the longterm?
First option but with no sugar/oil/ less salt
Eat more meat, milk, veggies, greens and water
Be active
Chew alot

• +1
i wouldn't even consider that a recession tbh, but its suboptimal one way or another

@brainded @DatGuyYouLike @NordicIranian not that anyone cares but I've got an update that may be useful info for other people. Ok so basically I had taken an xray of my skull to make sure my wisdom teeth are ok so my dentist would know for sure if I have recession. I went to his office today and asked him about it and he said that I have no recession but my oral habbit likely resulted in the overdevelopment of my upper jaw, hence the uneven lips.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797, brainded and Deleted member 8064