Is my maxilla recessed ?

G

gtsvipere

Iron
I feel like my cheekbones are not prominent(but hight set) and my palate is v shaped...
Is my maxilla recessed and the cause of those failos ??
20230723 220427

I pushed ur maxilla back where it should be. Urs is too projected which is a big failo
I thought very projected was good...
Everybody on this forum admire Barrett's forward growth and very projected maxilla..and you are telling me that my maxilla is too projected ?

I thought very projected was good...
Everybody on this forum admire Barrett's forward growth and very projected maxilla..and you are telling me that my maxilla is too projected ?
Yes it’s a streetshitter trait. Looks low IQ. A normal maxilla projection with a big jaw is all that’s needed

Yes it’s a streetshitter trait. Looks low IQ. A normal maxilla projection with a big jaw is all that’s needed
I was also tilting my head , My maxilla does not look that projected in normal posture so i think i'm fine actually , i'm happy to know that my maxilla isn't recessed..

how do you tell if your maxilla is recessed??
The most obvious/extreme cases would be where people have underbites, also thin upper lip. Concave faces are the more extreme ones, more mild recession would present as a flat face appearance. Different phenotypes have different maxilas though, Asians for instance tend to have flat faces so it’s not really a failo on them. Whites have the most forward grown maxilas so I’d say it’s most important for them.

Maxila isn’t just forward growth either there is also the maxila width, you can judge that by how broad or narrow a smile is. People with a narrow upper palat = poorly horizontally developed maxila

• +1
Reactions: Tyrone06
Yeah he is downard grown , slightly recessed (the angle plays on the pic) and pointy , biggest failo on my face ngl..
Is there any surgeries to fix the chin ?
theres a ton, genioplasties, implants or u can get something liek djs if really insecure, or normal jaw osteotomys

theres a ton, genioplasties, implants or u can get something liek djs if really insecure, or normal jaw osteotomys
I think Genioplasty will be my first surgery...
My lower third is the weakest part of my face (very small antegonial notch and below average chin)..
Thanks for the reply

• +1
Reactions: steroids
I think Genioplasty will be my first surgery...
My lower third is the weakest part of my face (very small antegonial notch and below average chin)..
Thanks for the reply
awesome man u have a good maxilla so a genio can ascend you

Not recessed but no forward growth. Plus i made the line straight so it should be accurate. It's not recessed or forward just normal and very avg
IMG 20230916 215810

I just measured my forward growth ratio and it is actually 1.4.. so i have dog tier growth actually...
Sorry to inform you that isn't accurate neither is mine. It's really hard to see unless you do a x ray and consult a orthodontist(doing it tomorrow). But for now of you can't do that do an fdhr that's a little bit accurate but for total forward growth rathar than specific maxila growth

Sorry to inform you that isn't accurate neither is mine. It's really hard to see unless you do a x ray and consult a orthodontist(doing it tomorrow). But for now of you can't do that do an fdhr that's a little bit accurate but for total forward growth rathar than specific maxila growth
Ok i see , thanks for the advice..