Is natty lifting a meme?

D

Deleted member 22623

2 PSL + NT = life
I'm considering just switching to training at home.

I'm already doing a full body core exercise program (a lot of ab crunches, plank, leg extensions, stuff like that - all stuff u can do on a mat)..

I feel like if I buy a few dumbbells on top of that, I would be able to do most of the exercises I do in the gym at home... Except for the heavy compound lifts (deadlift, squats, bench press)...

But how much do I realistically 'miss out on'? I accepted that I'll never become big anyway... All I care about is being lean and defined

• +1
Reactions: eduardkoopman, Leo Carryn and Rt-Rust1
People who claim being natty is the best way to get gains are just coping that they don't have the dedication and skill to go all in with lifting.
I would know, I am one of those people.

• +1
Reactions: callisto and Skywalker
its worth it if you're know what you're doing

People who claim being natty is the best way to get gains are just coping that they don't have the dedication and skill to go all in with lifting.
I would know, I am one of those people.
I never claimed that, I know being on a cycle is superior for gains

But I don't care about gains, I just wanna stay lean

Worth going to the gym? Or worth training at home you mean
the gym ofc
its hard to apply progressive overload at home

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker, Danish_Retard and Deleted member 22623
the gym ofc
its hard to apply progressive overload at home

I guess what I'm really asking is for the sole purpose of staying lean, how much does heavy compound lifts and 'progressively overloading' your muscle groups really do....

As opposed to just doing cardio and calisthenic exercises

NO
female natty lifting is the biggest meme

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
I guess what I'm really asking is for the sole purpose of staying lean, how much does heavy compound lifts and 'progressively overloading' your muscle groups really do....

i mean if your goal is to stay lean and not build muscle then cardio and calisthenics is fine but i'll doubt you will maintain low bf without muscles

• +1

I'm already doing a full body core exercise program (a lot of ab crunches, plank, leg extensions, stuff like that - all stuff u can do on a mat)..

I feel like if I buy a few dumbbells on top of that, I would be able to do most of the exercises I do in the gym at home... Except for the heavy compound lifts (deadlift, squats, bench press)...

But how much do I realistically 'miss out on'? I accepted that I'll never become big anyway... All I care about is being lean and defined

Squats and deadlifts are to be avoided unless over 6 foot as they can actually shrink your height. Do leg presses instead for legs.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778

Getting an extra 10kcal per pound of muscle (at rest) will make it quite a bit easier to lose weight. Not to mention that those muscles make it easier to burn more calories doing cardio.

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
I am natty, my results have been good, I don't necessarily want a big physique though, anything past swimmer mode loses general appeal.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778, Deleted member 22623 and Leo Carryn
depends on your height tbh. if you are really tall like me, you will always be a lanklet without roids.
Squats and deadlifts are to be avoided unless over 6 foot as they can actually shrink your height. Do leg presses instead for legs.
fr? permanent? i am 6'5. might give a try to this.

Natty lifting is not a meme lmao the problem is that people on YouTube are trying to sell shit so they make this extravagant difficult journey when it’s not at all and they make it seem so try hard. Then everyone on here shits on it because they are so fucking lazy. Literally eat 4 decent protein containing meals a day and pick a workout routine you like and use it for 3 months and then do something else if you get bored.

Compound movements are good because they make time spent way less. I would set up a home gym like @Arborist if you can. I know you’re probably discouraged right now but trust me you’re going to get there slower with only body weight exercises. I would at least follow some basic PPL routine and go above maintenance calories for a base first for a decent amount of time and then do body weight and cardio if you want

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 22623
Not much honestly. For the bigger part of 2021 I had to train at home (using a pull up bar, dip parallels, weighted backpack for push ups etc.) and my physique was still decent.

Sure gym is better but not by that much. Especially in this day of age when girls want leanness above size

• +1
depends on your height tbh. if you are really tall like me, you will always be a lanklet without roids.

fr? permanent? i am 6'5. might give a try to this.

If 6'5 you don't need to worry about it.

• JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
Just lol at sacrificing your hair and youthful glow for the shortcut called roids.

Being muscular is overrated : you just need to have an athletic body and visible abs and you're already above 90% of the people out there.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23778

You can be lean and defined with the home gym and if it helps your consistency and end result go for it. You can always use a weighted vest if you want to progressively overload, but you won't have to do so considering your goal. IMO Female gaze ideal body is achievable with home gym. Plenty of examples on Youtube

• +1

I'm 5'11 hmmm

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 23778 and Lawton88
Not much honestly. For the bigger part of 2021 I had to train at home (using a pull up bar, dip parallels, weighted backpack for push ups etc.) and my physique was still decent.

Sure gym is better but not by that much. Especially in this day of age when girls want leanness above size
What a simp cuck, you do everything for girls

you are a slave

It is if you want to be huge and shredded at the same time.

It isn't if you just want to be big or shredded, and natty lifting also isn't a meme if you care about your health, hairline, sustainability, etc.

Depends entirely on your genetics

Depends entirely on your genetics
This. Even roids do nothing for certain guys. Knew a curry who was on so many roids and didn't look like he lifted

If natty lifting at the gym is a meme then what do you expect from training at home? If you don't care about getting big why don't you just play some sport that's actually fun?

A friend of mine left, me right, both "natty". That's enough to mog 99.9% of the men on the beach and to look like you're working out in your clothes too. Of course not instagram fitness model level, but yeah it's more than enough.
We've both been training for 10 years though, but I have to say that 5-6 years ago I looked pretty much the same if not better than I do now. The frustrating thing about most natties is that after a certain point there is little to no progress. Of course, as with anything, it comes down to genetics. My ex-training partner was very knowledgeable, trained hard for many many years, ate right and still looked like a do you even lift.

CAFB6EC6 B5BD 4969 9F2C 2BED1C2192DF

Last edited:
  • +1
A friend of mine left, me right, both "natty". That's enough to mog 99.9% of the men on the beach and to look like you're working out in your clothes too. Of course not instagram fitness model level, but yeah it's more than enough.
We've both been training for 10 years though, but I have to say that 5-6 years ago I looked pretty much the same if not better than I do now. The frustrating thing about most natties is that after a certain point there is little to no progress. Of course, as with anything, it comes down to genetics. My ex-training partner was very knowledgeable, trained hard for many many years, ate right and still looked like a do you even lift.

View attachment 1982054

Mirin, would kill for that physique

I am natty, my results have been good, I don't necessarily want a big physique though, anything past swimmer mode loses general appeal.
You are not natty jfl