Is "no poo" or no shampoo a meme?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Trying this out right now currently shampooing after 2 day intervals of no shampoo. Will keep increasing the intervals until after one week I will just stop out right.

So far I have noticed my hair gets less oily it used to get oily 15 hours after not shampooing now it takes 30 hours. \

I have African hair.

so "no poo" is amazing

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 11126
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ShinraTensei and Deleted member 11126
Isn't it just holding your shit in?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: UglyGod360, 2d v2, UnderCovrN0rmie and 1 other person

I guess I'll have to see. The problem with gauging it right now is that my body artificially produces more oil on my hair I am trying to wean off it right now by 2 weeks I should be able to jump straight into it.

If you have frizzy hair then no poo is legit

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
All nopoo did was give me oily hair and dandruff. Spend money on a nice brand of sulfate free shampoo and only wash 2-3x a week

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Sigmamale and Deleted member 11126
All nopoo did was give me oily hair and dandruff. Spend money on a nice brand of sulfate free shampoo and only wash 2-3x a week
I thought something like this would be impossible with my complexion but ever since I stopped taking hot showers my skin gets less oily so I am giving it a try.

When I wash my hair I use one or two eggs and I only have to wash it like once a month

• Hmm...
It is a meme for most. Cut down shampoo to 2-3 times a week unless you have fine hair. It is all about using high quality shampoo with no harsh ingredients

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
How do I get thicker hair?

How do you deal with waking up and your hair looking awful? I would end up just going under the shower head and just wash it out and style that way. But realized that's fucking over my hair with how often I did it.

I tried out full nopoo between like November to January and my hair was insane, felt and looked the best it had been in years. Every time I would use one of those cucked shampoos it would turn my hair dry and brittle for hours. Eventually though the amount of flakes that came out became too much to deal with.

Turns out I fucked up when doing the whole nopoo thing. You're supposed to use a sulfate-free shampoo before starting to remove the sulfates from the hair completely. So I'm on it again.

• Hmm...
So you need to remove sulfates from your hair with a special kind of shampoo?

According to their Reddit help thread you need a sulfate-free shampoo to basically wash away any sulfate buildup in the hair and anytime you might accidentally get sulfates in your hair you need that shampoo to get rid of it. A normal shampoo won't cut it as it's filled with sulfates so you are just adding more.

• Hmm...
So "normal shampoo" gives you sulfate in your hair?

Look at the ingredient lists for your basic shampoos, most are going to have sulfates in them. The problem with sulfates is that they strip away the moisture from your hair which leaves the hair dry and the scalp dry.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
its a meme
use clarifying shampoo once every 2 weeks
and good shampoo once or twice a week

@rightfulcel try no poo
for your nigger hair will be good

1.run greasy fingers and cum fingers through your hair
2.don't wash it
3.make DYI egg yolk conditioner
4.thank @Nameless_Sunflower for mogger nigga hair
Haven't used shampoo in forever tbh

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 3828
I did no poo for years, and it worked well. Work for tons of people, regardless of hair type.

• Love it
So why did you stop? The sentence implies this was past tense meaning you have ceased doing it...
Got problems with dandruff, and was too lazy to find a "natural" solution. Haven't bothered to get back into no-poo since, but I will probably some day. You save money and time, and your hair may even look better than before.

• +1
I wonder how you would solve dandruff @Preoximerianas talked about it in a post above with something sulfate free...
Don't remember of top of my head, but it isn't too difficult iirc. As I said, I was just really lazy jfl

• +1
it's pretty meme and the person who made up the name should be shot :owo:

• +1
No poo is real, made my hair look healthier/thicker and made it much easier to style. I still rarely shampoo and never if I want my hair to look on point that day

• +1
I agree with the name... but idk I'm going to try the concept for a month and see where it gets me.
just call it no shampoo :ogre: anyway I tried it multiple times and my hair was just greasy as fuck. it won't become magically non greasy by never washing it. it will start to smell and look like garbage. like an unwashed hobo. using less shampoo and high quality shampoo is great. never using it is kinda retarded I think

Yeah. I did it for months, and my hair just got greasy and gross. Not only did it look greasy, but my scalp became this gross, wet/ashy swamp. I think shampoo 1-2x a week is probably ideal.

For me it was easy cuz I have a buzz, before I had to wash hair per 1 day because it got really oily. Now I didnt wash hair with shampoo for about a 5 month, only scrabbing very hard with hands. My head doesnt feel oily anymore but I got dandruff due to dry skin, which is fixable with some aloe vera moisturizer.

yea i used to wash my hair everyday and itd get oily as fuck but not anymore after not using shampoo daily
edit use it like twice a week

Trying this out right now currently shampooing after 2 day intervals of no shampoo. Will keep increasing the intervals until after one week I will just stop out right.

So far I have noticed my hair gets less oily it used to get oily 15 hours after not shampooing now it takes 30 hours. \
Use sulfate and paraben free shampoo. Use it 1-2x week max