Is not forward grown face and sliding genio failo?

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
If your maxilla isnt very forward grown and you get sliding genio, is it gonna look as if you have an underbite? Or is it still worth doing if your jawline is shit?

Depends on the relative position of everything. But it is possible to look worse after genio. You see this especially on people whose nose, lips, and chin form a straight line, but a straight line pointing backwards towards the neck. Extending the chin in these examples looks ugly and out of proportion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and ifyouwannabemylover
Depends on the relative position of everything. But it is possible to look worse after genio. You see this especially on people whose nose, lips, and chin form a straight line, but a straight line pointing backwards towards the neck. Extending the chin in these examples looks ugly and out of proportion.
nose and lips forming straight line? show a pic sounds impossible

Can you link an example with photo?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Take a look at this video. TLDR, genioplasty is only intended for patients with normal jaw growth but somehow recessive chin, otherwise a jaw surgery is needed. It's a longer path but it pays off.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5180 and Deleted member 9670
depends how downward grown you are

there is a difference between recessed and downward grown

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756
depends how downward grown you are

there is a difference between recessed and downward grown
Whats difference? My gonial angle is very low (under my lips). From what I have heard downward grown means that its usually quite high and that then the rest of the face is just kind of going downwards.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786 and Deleted member 10615
Whats difference? My gonial angle is very low (under my lips). From what I have heard downward grown means that its usually quite high and that then the rest of the face is just kind of going downwards.
yeah the gonial angle is higher when your more downwards grown, if your recessed with gonial angle on the lower side rather then higher then you'll ascend even better

Can you link an example with photo?
This is a chin implant example. The after doesn't look too bad, but that's only because of the very moderate movement. If he tried to get a genioplasty with significant movement (>5mm), it might make the chin look very jutting and out of place. (Also, his beard is making his jawline look more defined in the after image.)

Chin implant during surgery chin implant 2

This isn't the best example, but I hope that illustrates the point. I will post a better example if I can find one. (I've seen a number of examples in the past, they just aren't saved on my computer.)

This is a chin implant example. The after doesn't look too bad, but that's only because of the very moderate movement. If he tried to get a genioplasty with significant movement (>5mm), it might make the chin look very jutting and out of place. (Also, his beard is making his jawline look more defined in the after image.)

View attachment 1286666

This isn't the best example, but I hope that illustrates the point. I will post a better example if I can find one. (I've seen a number of examples in the past, they just aren't saved on my computer.)
Ohh mine is definitely not like that. My chin is aligned with my lower lip like in a straight line

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
Ohh mine is definitely not like that. My chin is aligned with my lower lip like in a straight line
This might be a better example (an actual genioplasty example):

Genio case 5682 genioplasty before after 7

Even with small movement, his chin already is starting to look out of place.