Is not mewing the same thing as mouth breathing?

O

ocy.qd

kys redpillers
As far as I can tell, both cause recession because the tongue is on the bottom of the mouth, and therefore not able to exert pressure on the palate to promote forward growth?

So they're basically the same right, even if the non-mewer is a nose-breather.

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: nathan and Jova
As far as I can tell, both cause recession because the tongue is on the bottom of the mouth, and therefore not able to exert pressure on the palate to promote forward growth?

So they're basically the same right, even if the non-mewer is a nose-breather.

Or is there something else I'm missing?
Shut the fuck up

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: ambi, nathan, maxxmclooks and 2 others
I always wondered this tbh
But I think if you're nose breathing, at least some of your tongue will be on your palate much of the time

Also sometimes I wake up at night and realise my jaw is open, but lips are sealed and tongue is up

• +1
Reactions: ocy.qd
I always wondered this tbh
But I think if you're nose breathing, at least some of your tongue will be on your palate much of the time

Also sometimes I wake up at night and realise my jaw is open, but lips are sealed and tongue is up
Jaw can be open while mewing doesnt matter

• +1
Jaw can be open while mewing doesnt matter
I mean, what's the difference between not mewing but nosebreathing vs mouthbreathing
As far as I can tell, both are bad because it takes the tongue away from the top of the palate (where it should be to exert pressure to promote forward growth)
But I can't tell what else is different about them, so I was wondering are they basically the same thing

I mean, what's the difference between not mewing but nosebreathing vs mouthbreathing
As far as I can tell, both are bad because it takes the tongue away from the top of the palate (where it should be to exert pressure to promote forward growth)
But I can't tell what else is different about them, so I was wondering are they basically the same thing
Nosebreathing is better than mouth breathing a LOT

Mewing while nose breathing is the best way

• +1
Nosebreathing is better than mouth breathing a LOT

Mewing while nose breathing is the best way
But isn't nosebreathing but not mewing basically the same thing as mouthbreathing
Or am I missing smth? Idk lol

But isn't nosebreathing but not mewing basically the same thing as mouthbreathing
No

• +1
nigga this shit is not rocket science, close ur mouth so gravity doesn't push ur shit down that simple. the mewing part is to widen the palate of ur mouth :ogre:

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
nigga this shit is not rocket science, close ur mouth so gravity doesn't push ur shit down that simple. the mewing part is to widen the palate of ur mouth :ogre:
Most mouth breathers I see in school only have their mouth open a little bit, so I can't tell how it'd make so much of a difference
The main detriment of mouthbreathing is that you're not mewing, isn't it

• JFL
Reactions: mirrormogger
Most mouth breathers I see in school only have their mouth open a little bit, so I can't tell how it'd make so much of a difference
The main detriment of mouthbreathing is that you're not mewing, isn't it
exactly thats the main detriment, your not widening your palate that way, which can cause an overbite and a narrow bite and crowding teeth during puberty mainly

exactly thats the main detriment, your not widening your palate that way, which can cause an overbite and a narrow bite and crowding teeth during puberty mainly
That was my main question
Mouth breathing is basically the same thing as nose breathing BUT not mewing
Right

That was my main question
Mouth breathing is basically the same thing as nose breathing BUT not mewing
Right
Right so don't mouthbreathe.