Is not wearing glasses really such a nice thing?

TURK-KUN

TURK-KUN

Iron
My father used to wear pretty thick glasses growing up due to being nearsighted. He got bullied for it in school and it was his biggest insecurity. He wanted his son to have perfect vision and he prayed a lot for me to be born with a good eyesight like my mom. I do have good eyesight, but I don't think this has impacted my life in a hugely positive way.

In the Blackpill community we talk a lot about how the things that people naturally perceive to be attractive are really just their instincts telling them the other person has good genes. If we're looking at attraction from an evolutionary biology point of view, where it's all about having good genes, you'd think that eyesight would be one of the most important things, no?

At this point in the world, the number of people in developed countries who wear glasses or contact lenses is going up and it's already 70%+ of the population (among young people it is 30% though). I thought that having a perfect 20/20 natural eyesight would be a desirable sign of good genes. But is it really? I don't think anyone gives a fuck.

Honestly, most of my friends wear glasses and I have the worst dating life out of all of them. I would rather be taller and have a deeper voice, that'd help a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for what I have. Thank God and my father for praying for me. Just venting.

Anyone with glasses here wanna testify? Do you really feel bad about not having a good vision? Does anyone give a fuck?

Last edited: