Is one sided chewing the cause of my uneven facial development?

Deleted member 39

Deleted member 39

The Inferior
One side of my face looks completely different than the other. On the one side, I have a sharper jawline, a better canthal tilt, better cheekbones and slightly higher set lips. On the other side I have NCT, extremely flat cheekbones which actually makes me look like a retard, and under chin fat because the jaw is lower set than the other.
I have a fucked up tooth on the left side so I seldom chew on that side. Is it the cause or is it genes?

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Immanuel
Sounds like skeletal asymmetry. Could be caused by genetics, bad head posture during adolescence or a health condition of some kind. Need pics tho.

Sounds like skeletal asymmetry. Could be caused by genetics, bad head posture during adolescence or a health condition of some kind. Need pics tho.
I sent you pics

I can't do that because I have OCD. that's torture.

No, I slept and chewed on one side for all of my life but my face is still symmetric.

I did one sided chewing for like 2 years during puberty cuz of dental problems but I don't have obvious asymmetry, might be genetic

just jaw assymetry for me boyo. Chew on one side, so (hopefully) can be fixed.

just jaw assymetry for me boyo. Chew on one side, so (hopefully) can be fixed.
I would but it is kinda weird. I got a root canal treatment on one tooth and the tooth is really weak now and seems to break easily. I'll try to chew as much on this side as possible though.

damn thats rough. I don't know how im gonna even mine out they are heavily built up over years of grinding teeth.

I also chew gum on one side (right) and when i clench my jaw mucles i can clearly tell the differnce in size by feel. And i notice a slight differnce by just looking at them. But i dont think chewing on one side would create such a huge differnce on the rest of your face.