Is oral minoxidil enough to grow brows and lashes?

NegativeNorwood

NegativeNorwood

Zephir
Is taking 5mg oral minoxidil enough not just to prevent hairloss but also to grow eyebrows and eyelashes, or should it be combined with foam Rogaine and Latisse for maximum effectiveness?

I've been using Orphica Brow and Orphica Realash serums for the past 3 months and while I've seen an improvement, I still lack a lot of hair density on them.
This is how my eyebrows and eyelashes look like even after 3 months of serums:

EYE

A far cry from something like this:

Chico hairline

Can oral minoxidil alone give that kind of density gains or should I use it at the same time as Rogaine and Latisse?

Iv'e heard it has really dangerous side effects.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Lawton88
it definetely helps, but depends on the person, some don't get hypertrichosis and just grow on head

Iv'e heard it has really dangerous side effects.

Side effects seem to be rare at low doses from what I've read (which admittedly is not much at the moment)

it definetely helps, but depends on the person, some don't get hypertrichosis and just grow on head

Do you think that taking oral minoxidil at the same time as using foam Rogaine on brows and Latise on eyeleashes to make them grow as much as possible is a good idea?

• Woah
Reactions: Lawton88
Side effects seem to be rare at low doses from what I've read (which admittedly is not much at the moment)

Do you think that taking oral minoxidil at the same time as using foam Rogaine on brows and Latise on eyeleashes to make them grow as much as possible is a good idea?
systemic absorption of topical minoxidil is less than 1% so wouldn't make any difference in side effects

about results, we don't have any study comparing mixing them but I guess it should work better. But it might be just as good and complicating your life for nothing. Cant know, just test

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and NegativeNorwood
systemic absorption of topical minoxidil is less than 1% so wouldn't make any difference in side effects

about results, we don't have any study comparing mixing them but I guess it should work better. But it might be just as good and complicating your life for nothing. Cant know, just test

Seems worth the try, I've tried to search but couldn't find anything about combining them. Dense eyebrows and longer eyelashes would ascend me hard :redpill:

Did some extra research on the topic, and found that (at least in Spain), oral minoxidil must be prescribed by a dermatologist, not possible to buy if not prescribed. Gotta pay the jews sometimes jfl.

Found a blog article (but in spanish) which said that oral minox can be used with other serums to get even better results on eyelashes and eyebrows, so it definitely works well in tandem with foam Rogaine and Latisse.

Action plan will be: find a non bluepilled local dermatologist to prescribe me 2.5mg-5mg oral minoxidil (and give me some help with my oily skin for a proper skincare routine) and then buy foam Rogaine and Latisse.

Holy fuck ascension is hard even in a bureaucratic sense lmao

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Is taking 5mg oral minoxidil enough not just to prevent hairloss but also to grow eyebrows and eyelashes, or should it be combined with foam Rogaine and Latisse for maximum effectiveness?

I've been using Orphica Brow and Orphica Realash serums for the past 3 months and while I've seen an improvement, I still lack a lot of hair density on them.
This is how my eyebrows and eyelashes look like even after 3 months of serums:

View attachment 1778659

A far cry from something like this:

View attachment 1778661

Can oral minoxidil alone give that kind of density gains or should I use it at the same time as Rogaine and Latisse?
Chico WORLD

Minoxidil has never been hairloss preventative. It only creates stimulation of hair folllicles via regulation of blood flow.

So in other words it will never prevent you losing hair...it only causes hair growth.

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
my boyo be ready for the eyebrow hypertrichosis. t'es pas prêt mon sagouin !

• Hmm...

waste of money and increases chance of side effects if you use both. i’m not entirely sure about the danger of oral minox but haircafe has a video on why he doesn’t use it anymore (apparently you can bleed out from a paper cut or something) i personally would stick to one, 5% topical rogaine on eyebrows cause i don’t want hair growing all over my face

• +1
and if you really want oral minox just buy from alldaychemist.com no prescription required but it might be seized by spanish border control depending on how strict they are with things and if they do a random search

Minoxidil has never been hairloss preventative. It only creates stimulation of hair folllicles via regulation of blood flow.

So in other words it will never prevent you losing hair...it only causes hair growth.
waste of money and increases chance of side effects if you use both. i’m not entirely sure about the danger of oral minox but haircafe has a video on why he doesn’t use it anymore (apparently you can bleed out from a paper cut or something) i personally would stick to one, 5% topical rogaine on eyebrows cause i don’t want hair growing all over my face

Will definitely keep that in mind. I have the consult with the dermatologist in a few days. Do you think it's better that I ask for oral finasteride to prevent hairloss, and then buy foam Rogaine and Latisse by myself (can be bought without a prescription and would cost the same as with a prescription AFAIK)?
With this I should prevent hairloss + get much better eyebrows and eyelashes.
I just want to optimize the process and get a good idea before going to the dermatologist, to avoid getting cucked with useless stuff if I'm unlucky and he is bluepilled.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18694
Will definitely keep that in mind. I have the consult with the dermatologist in a few days. Do you think it's better that I ask for oral finasteride to prevent hairloss, and then buy foam Rogaine and Latisse by myself (can be bought without a prescription and would cost the same as with a prescription AFAIK)?
With this I should prevent hairloss + get much better eyebrows and eyelashes.
I just want to optimize the process and get a good idea before going to the dermatologist, to avoid getting cucked with useless stuff if I'm unlucky and he is bluepilled.
don’t get on fin if you don’t have hair loss, doesn’t matter if you want to prevent it. You should only take a hormone altering pill if you absolutely need it so just go on it the moment you notice your hair thinning. I’m on fin and dut rn but i’m actually norwooding so i have no choice but to take these tranny pills :lul:

• +1
don’t get on fin if you don’t have hair loss, doesn’t matter if you want to prevent it. You should only take a hormone altering pill if you absolutely need it so just go on it the moment you notice your hair thinning. I’m on fin and dut rn but i’m actually norwooding so i have no choice but to take these tranny pills :lul:

I have a "mature, V shaped" hairline that showed up around when I turned 24-25 years old, but has been the same since then (I'm 30 yo). No thinning happened, density is the same as ever. Always had rounded, not very prominent temples.
IMG 20220713 124209 1

Pic is from a few weeks ago. I look Norwood 1 when frauding with Di Caprio type curtains haircuit.

Do you think it's better to not take Fin or any kind of hair loss prevention drug in my case and just focus on eyebrows/eyelashes?

• +1
Reactions: twilight
I have a "mature, V shaped" hairline that showed up around when I turned 24-25 years old, but has been the same since then (I'm 30 yo). No thinning happened, density is the same as ever. Always had rounded, not very prominent temples.
View attachment 1808313
Pic is from a few weeks ago. I look Norwood 1 when frauding with Di Caprio type curtains haircuit.

Do you think it's better to not take Fin or any kind of hair loss prevention drug in my case and just focus on eyebrows/eyelashes?
what you say sounds like a mature hairline but the picture looks sus af there’s noticeable temporal recession, i would probably monitor your hair very closely over the next few months and years and also buy a hair catcher for your shower so you can track how many hairs lost every shower. I don’t want to recommend fin if you aren’t 100% sure but it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to hop on how just in case the hair is slightly getting worse year by year

and jesus nigga i’m 18

• +1
what you say sounds like a mature hairline but the picture looks sus af there’s noticeable temporal recession, i would probably monitor your hair very closely over the next few months and years and also buy a hair catcher for your shower so you can track how many hairs lost every shower. I don’t want to recommend fin if you aren’t 100% sure but it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to hop on how just in case the hair is slightly getting worse year by year

and jesus nigga i’m 18

Thanks for the tips! I think a hair loss prevention protocol would be a good idea, will see what the dermatologist says but definitely will push for an oral fin prescription.
18? youthmogs me to the deepest Kuala Lumpur sewer and back, mirin' knowledge.

• Love it
Reactions: twilight