Reactions: Deleted member 685
Depends on the philosophy

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Normieville and Deleted member 685
Technically everything besides Yeshua is cope

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: FaceandHFD, Deleted member 685, LordNorwood and 1 other person
yup. i've read tons of books on metaphysics, ethics, history of philosophy. all cope. it goes no where

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery, Deleted member 1100, Deleted member 685 and 1 other person
as much as i like philosophy, yes it’s a cope

• +1
Reactions: Normieville and Deleted member 685
Niggas in here have never read Nietzsche I see

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 1100 and Deleted member 685
Everything is cope when you're not GL

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel and Deleted member 1100
yup. i've read tons of books on metaphysics, ethics, history of philosophy. all cope. it goes no where
Same. It positively influenced my academic career but that's about it... People would presume I knew more about topics therefore granting me more esteem which lead to a boost in my ego. Apart from the ego boost it didn't change much.

• +1
Reactions: auboutduprecipice
Niggas in here have never read Nietzsche I see
Philosophy ended at cogito ergo sum. All that comes afterwards is self-serving rambling.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and Normieville
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 2846 and LordNorwood
Ask why study philosophy in the first place

• +1
Reactions: Normieville
Untermensch detected

jean paul on aesthetics, schopenhauer on ethics and metaphysics, and heidegger's phenomenology all mog nietzsche

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Drugs, OFFICER_HENRY, Normieville and 1 other person
Philosophy ended at cogito ergo sum. All that comes afterwards is self-serving rambling.
Hilarious part is Nietzsche irrevocably BTFOs cogito ergo sum in like one paragraph in Beyond Good and Evil, R.I.P. Descartes, mogged to absolute death by a mustachioed german, how sad

Ask why study philosophy in the first place
A friend of mine dropped out of med school to study Philosophy and Politics. I feel bad for the dude, he's pretty smart but the fact that he made that move makes me think otherwise...

jean paul on aesthetics, schopenhauer on ethics and metaphysics, and heidegger's phenomenology all mog nietzsche
Schopenhauer was so blackpilled. Impossible to be more blackpilled than him tbh

Heidegger, another point for moral relativism, simply furthers us from any sort of unified truth...

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC and auboutduprecipice
Schopenhauer was so blackpilled. Impossible to be more blackpilled than him tbh

legit. only thing i disagree with him about is that the pinnacle of morality is compassion.

• +1
Reactions: Normieville and LordNorwood
A friend of mine dropped out of med school to study Philosophy and Politics. I feel bad for the dude, he's pretty smart but the fact that he made that move makes me think otherwise...
Unless he has generational wealth he's not "street smart"

This is something I don't understand in the west (if that's where you live)

Why do so many pursue useless degrees that will make you in debt for the many years to come whole it doesn't even return you much? Do they this just for the status or ego (to aquire a degree) or just to have that college experience?

• +1
Yeah, compassion exists beyond morality imo
Can confirm, have not read Schopenhauer. My two cents is that compassion is only ethical when done with enough self consciousness. This is because an act of compassion comes from conscious intent to help, rather than compete with others, which is what i believe to be our default mode.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC
No. It helps us understand our situation.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and Normieville
Unless he has generational wealth he's not "street smart"

This is something I don't understand in the west (if that's where you live)

Why do so many pursue useless degrees that will make you in debt for the many years to come whole it doesn't even return you much? Do they this just for the status or ego (to aquire a degree) or just to have that college experience?
From Australia, I'd say most university students here have no fkn clue how detached university is from the operatives of society. Most kids at uni can sustain their adolescent period of wonderland like mystery about the world as long as there boomer parents don't actually understand the state of the economy of this country
Here's a question. Does anyone know any GOOD female philosophers? Serious question.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
From Australia, I'd say most university students here have no fkn clue how detached university is from the operatives of society. Most kids at uni can sustain their adolescent period of wonderland like mystery about the world as long as there boomer parents don't actually understand the state of the economy of this country
Here's a question. Does anyone know any GOOD female philosophers? Serious question.
I hate to say it
I mean I absolutely hate to say it
But there legitimately are no decent female philosophers

• So Sad
Say it with me boyos

politics is COPE. Philosophy is COPE. Reading is COPE. Everything is cope unless you’re fucking girls

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, TheMewingBBC and Normieville
Hilarious part is Nietzsche irrevocably BTFOs cogito ergo sum in like one paragraph in Beyond Good and Evil, R.I.P. Descartes, mogged to absolute death by a mustachioed german, how sad
The only thing Nietzsche managed to BTFO was his own health.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy and TheMewingBBC
Keep coping last man
I stopped reading books the day I turned 25, as do most adults after reaching a certain point of maturity. Since then I have been cope-free.

I hate to say it
I mean I absolutely hate to say it
But there legitimately are no decent female philosophers
It's not pleasant. I think philosophical ventures into the unknown are generally done by a disproportionately small number of people, whom of which are at the extreme end of the intellectual spectrum, which also happen to all be men. Not everyone’s capable of this and those who are, generally have left the safety of societies consensus. And i'm not talking about people who discuss philosophy, i'm talking about people who've CHANGED the game

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and LordNorwood
  • JFL
Reactions: BigBoy, TheMewingBBC, Dogs and 1 other person
The only philosophy worth pursuing is stoicism.

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, Zeta ascended and Normieville
You do have an intelligence halo due to your avi's impressive forehead
Lord is being nice to betamanlet. Alas, betamanlet's friendship cannot be won by flattery.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: BigBoy and LordNorwood
I stopped reading books the day I turned 25, as do most adults after reaching a certain point of maturity. Since then I have been cope-free.
I never started reading books in my entire life. Ded srs. I have too much adhd to finish movies let alone books just lol

I never started reading books in my entire life. Ded srs. I have too much adhd to finish movies let alone books just lol
Most think that have to read book chronologically from cover to cover. This is inefficient. Especially someone with adhd tendencies will benefit from taking a look at the table of contents and only reading the chapters that seem interesting. Then by the time you are finished with those you can move on if the chapters you just read did not pique further interest towards the rest of the book. Only works for non-fiction though.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, SayNoToRotting and Dogs
Most think that have to read book chronologically from cover to cover. This is inefficient. Especially someone with adhd tendencies will benefit from taking a look at the table of contents and only reading the chapters that seem interesting. Then by the time you are finished with those you can move on if the chapters you just read did not pique further interest towards the rest of the book. Only works for non-fiction though.
That's basically me doing research on certain topics. I suffer greatly from short attentionspan.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
Yes. Why? Because it is bro

Yes. Still interesting tho ngl.

philosophy is an old incel cope. moderncels know its a waste of precious coping time