Is potassium actually bad?

WBrito

WBrito

Iron
I recently saw a video of a guy explaining how potassium is bad in the long term and can cause bloating as your body will learn to require more potassium to reach it's needs to reduce water retention. Is this true?
I started having more potassium about a couple weeks ago (4000mg+) and saw some improvement however if this is the case I'd definitely reduce it.

I'd prefer answers from people who've been sodium flushing for quite some time now so you could speak from experience, thanks :)

no

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES
yeah obviously it's bad if you spam potassium

• +1
Reactions: asdvek and MA_ascender
Human bodies are not designed for taking synthetic proteins. We are supposed to get it from foods

you shouldnt be running it everyday
right, but could you give an estimate on how much potassium I should have on the days where I do have it, thanks

I recently saw a video of a guy explaining how potassium is bad in the long term and can cause bloating as your body will learn to require more potassium to reach it's needs to reduce water retention. Is this true?
I started having more potassium about a couple weeks ago (4000mg+) and saw some improvement however if this is the case I'd definitely reduce it.

I'd prefer answers from people who've been sodium flushing for quite some time now so you could speak from experience, thanks :)
No biological basis for your body needing more electrolytes over time.

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES

why tf would you take 4000mg+

Take as much as you want, no sides, idiots

I highly doubt that, the "long term" is probably years ahead and hopefully you ascend and fix your diet by that time so you just gotta take less potassium. But ive been taking 4:1 as my potassium to sodium ratio and the results are still present and ive been doing it for a while. Im not sure what that guy is basing his information off of but hes probably just coping with his own bloat that he wasnt able to reduce after potassium.

As long as you drink 5L+ of water daily and have a clean, single ingredient food diet you will see results, potassium works only in conjunction with these factors and taking potassium alone without consuming enough clean food and water wont get you anywhere in your debloating

Whoever said that was a dumbass