is PRP filler safer to inject?

A

AlwaysHaveQuestions

Banned
since PRP is basically plasma, it means it's safe to inject into the blood vessel yes? if that is the case, would it be the safest option if you want to inject fillers yourself?
@BradAniston @Cardiologyscribe @Deusmaximus

PRP isn't a filler. It's not solid, it's a liquid and will be absorbed by your body very quickly. It won't add any volume, it's only used for providing more blood flow to an area. JFL at this thread tbh.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Deleted member 14274 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
PRP isn't a filler. It's not solid, it's a liquid and will be absorbed by your body very quickly. It won't add any volume, it's only used for providing more blood flow to an area. JFL at this thread tbh.
why is it used for undereye?

why is it used for undereye?
Increased blood flow. I think it's only beneficial if you have dark circles due to being sleep deprived or similar. I don't think it will work if you have hollowness due to infraorbital recession.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12270 and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Safer i wouldn't say so.
You still have to learn about facial artery because if you inject the prp inside it can be bad.

• +1
Safer i wouldn't say so.
You still have to learn about facial artery because if you inject the prp inside it can be bad.
No, its your own blood. Prp does not have risk of blindness.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and randomvanish
Increased blood flow. I think it's only beneficial if you have dark circles due to being sleep deprived or similar. I don't think it will work if you have hollowness due to infraorbital recession.
What about dark circles due to pigmentation?

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Safer i wouldn't say so.
there is no safety zone for prp, it's your own blood. 2mm deep, 45 degree.

if you know anything precautious, please share.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
What about dark circles due to pigmentation?
dark eye is due to blood vessels showing through the skin. how would prp help by increasing blood flow? curious about this too

High IQ response. I think PRP is a scam but I will give it the benefit of the doubt, it may improve skin quality and thickness but I don’t think there’s enough research proving the benefits of PRP for the undereye

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Deleted member 7725
dark eye is due to blood vessels showing through the skin. how would prp help by increasing blood flow? curious about this too
Dark eye can be also caused for having very thin undereye skin, so thin that the muscle beneath can show thus giving permanent dark circles. PRP is supposed to increase skin thickness thus resolving this issue but personally I think is a scam

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Deleted member 7725
High IQ response. I think PRP is a scam but I will give it the benefit of the doubt, it may improve skin quality and thickness but I don’t think there’s enough research proving the benefits of PRP for the undereye
PRP is 100% a scam for anything outside of tendonitis. It was originally made for use in tendon and muscle injuries for the purpose of increased platelets to areas that don't receive a lot of blood flow ie. achilles tendon.

Any use of it outside of that for things like hair restoration, dark circles, etc are just scams as far as I know.

• +1