Is rhino the name of one unique surgery?

C

chigoha

get looks or die trying
Or is it for any surgical nose procedure in general ?

I mean is there only one type of "rhino" ?
Or there are many different procedures depending on what you need to fix and some are less invasive than others ?

• +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry
It is a generalization of all surgeries performed directly on the nose.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel and Deleted member 15827
It is a generalization of all surgeries performed directly on the nose.
OK i see sounds more logical

Do you think fixing skin excess on the nose tip would be less invasive than fixing crooked / hooked noses ?

Do you think fixing skin excess on the nose tip would be less invasive than fixing crooked / hooked noses ?
yes because only the skin would be worked on. Rhinoplasty surgeries generally aren't too invasive and neither would be that invasive.

But how much excess skin could you really have? I don't know that it would be a rhinoplasty to remove some skin

But how much excess skin could you really have? I don't know that it would be a rhinoplasty to remove some skin
I just have that ethnic/arab nose tip

And i'm 100% sure it's the skin, my nasal cavity is literally narrow

I just have that ethnic/arab nose tip

And i'm 100% sure it's the skin, my nasal cavity is literally narrow
It's the cartilage in your nose giving that. your skin cant be more than a few mm thick. A rhinoplasty could reduce the nasal tip.

• +1
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19
It's the cartilage in your nose giving that. your skin cant be more than a few mm thick. A rhinoplasty could reduce the nasal tip.
It's not about skin thickness, but amount of skin, like you just wanna cut it with a knife like a cake

It's not about skin thickness, but amount of skin, like you just wanna cut it with a knife like a cake
Bro it's the cartilage

• +1
Reactions: chigoha
I can't see the post due to an age restriction, and I have limited knowledge on nose thread lifts, but I think it could be a good alternative to rhinoplasty if you have a droopy or bumpy nose. Some disadvantages are that only the nose shape, and not size, can be affected. And that the results usually last 1-2 years instead of being more permanent. The advantages are that it is not invasive and can be done quickly without as much as a recovery time and it is reversible, unlike rhinoplasty.

• Love it
Reactions: chigoha
Don't want to break it to you buddy but most Arabs have okay noses. Hooked nose is caused by maxilla and mandible not matching in most cases, and not by "genetics"

Don't want to break it to you buddy but most Arabs have okay noses. Hooked nose is caused by maxilla and mandible not matching in most cases, and not by "genetics"
My problem is skin excess in the bottom part of the nose

can you explain this further?
cuz afaik the nose completely rests on the maxilla so i dont think the mandible would have an effect

can you explain this further?
cuz afaik the nose completely rests on the maxilla so i dont think the mandible would have an effect
If I recall correctly, the straightness of your nose depends on how much your maxilla and mandible are in sync. If your mandible is short compared to your maxilla this will lead your nose to be crooked. Cases of birdcels are due to both maxilla and mandible being recessed.
However, if you look at some bimax results, it happens very often that the nose becomes straighter or more upturned.
This is just my general observation, I might be wrong but every time I look at a crooked nose the maxilla and mandible aren't forward grown to the same degree.