Is Self Diagnosing aspergers/autism stupid?

Stuttercel

Stuttercel

Officially Diagnosed Stuttering disability.
I have a neurological speech disability that has very close ties to neurodivergance. And I've tooken so many online tests that tell me i have it. And from my past experiences I wouldnt be surprised if I'm like a high-functioning aspie. Like I can't even make friends on discord either...absolutely brutal.

People don't acknowledge how important the NT (Neurotypical) pill really is. If you're sub-5 Neurotypical atleast you can have a friend group. But for the weird neurodivergants then you should either give up on finding friends or start jestermaxxing.:feelswhy:

I have a neurological speech disability that has very close ties to neurodivergance. And I've tooken so many online tests that tell me i have it. And from my past experiences I wouldnt be surprised if I'm like a high-functioning aspie. Like I can't even make friends on discord either...absolutely brutal.

People don't acknowledge how important the NT (Neurotypical) pill really is. If you're sub-5 Neurotypical atleast you can have a friend group. But for the weird neurodivergants then you should either give up on finding friends or start jestermaxxing.:feelswhy:
Self diagnosing is always stupid

• +1
Reactions: Stuttercel
online tests won't tell you anything, I score low on most of them.

easiest way to be able to tell whether you got autism is ask your parents at what age you started talking, if it was normal/early then you likely don't have autism, only aspergers has normal speech development, in all other forms it's delayed.

• +1
Reactions: psychomandible
Self diagnosing is always stupid
But I also thought I have bpd and it was actually true so idk find a psychologist that can diagnose you unless you don’t wanna face it

I mean most people call me autistic

online tests won't tell you anything, I score low on most of them.

easiest way to be able to tell whether you got autism is ask your parents at what age you started talking, if it was normal/early then you likely don't have autism, only aspergers has normal speech development, in all other forms it's delayed.
Do you agree with me that you can't really diagnose autism accurately in older people and can only be done at a young age (eg 5 years old)

• +1
Reactions: wrist cry
Do you agree with me that you can't really diagnose autism accurately in older people and can only be done at a young age (eg 5 years old)
the speech delay is the main reason for that, and almost all people with autism are adaptive enough to sort of manage through life without major issues.

• +1
Reactions: psychomandible
Unless your autistism is extreme it dosent matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back