Is software engineering the ideal job?

fauxfox

fauxfox

monke monk
  • Can work from the comfort of your home
  • Elite pay and opportunities (to fund looksmaxxing + QoL)
  • Plenty of room for growth
  • Can use the skills you learn to start your own business for cheap
  • If you're looksmaxxed you'll mog all the CS nerds there

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 61703, Xangsane, Growth Plate and 7 others
yes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 19453 and fauxfox
cant wait to waste 4 years of my life fighting for top place on leetcode and making a bunch of gay projects I dont care about to get accepted as a code monkey test engineer making sub 6 figures to get replaced by an ai within 5 years after that. Starting your own business as a programmer is a meme. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE MY ONLY FUCKING SKILL

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Clown Show, poopoohead, malicieusss and 9 others
It's cool if you like it, the only thing I personally hate is dealing with the spergs with a superiority complex.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: bwrauycnee, Deleted member 14392, justinzayn and 7 others
cant wait to waste 4 years of my life fighting for top place on leetcode and making a bunch of gay projects I dont care about to get accepted as a code monkey test engineer making sub 6 figures to get replaced by an ai within 5 years after that. Starting your own business as a programmer is a meme. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE MY ONLY FUCKING SKILL
Bro sub 6 figs is only if ur right out of college with little experience or skill. You can eclipse that in less than 2 years.
It's cool if you like it, the only thing I personally hate is dealing with the spergs with a superiority complex.
Yeah for some people this field is their life/almost an art form to them. To me it's just work.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, Deleted member 14392, thecel and 1 other person
BRO seriously. I remember when I was 18 I got my first job as a tester at a faang company and the techs there were such fucking popmus bratty elitist nerds and loved to pretend like they were your boss. And all these nerds were like fucking 6'5+??? Dude the tech industry is filled up with such circus freaks and they ALL think they are better than the next guy because they are all venerable narcissists due to being outcasts in highschool. It was such a pain in the ass having to be a janitor for these fuck faces. Programmers and lab techs are so fucking ridiculously full of themselves its WHACK. That is another thing that makes me want to run away from the industry.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Clown Show, Xangsane, poopoohead and 11 others
Bro sub 6 figs is only if ur right out of college with little experience or skill. You can eclipse that in less than 2 years.

Yeah for some people this field is their life/almost an art form to them. To me it's just work.
i just want to make games man and i dont give a shit im just going to do it and neetmax and if it works out it works out im not going to do this programming rat race i learned code to make games.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: poopoohead, Deleted member 14392, Crusile and 2 others
i just want to make games man and i dont give a shit im just going to do it and neetmax and if it works out it works out im not going to do this programming rat race i learned code to make games.
if you ever actually start working seriously on making a game I would love to hear about it so make update threads

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 14392, Bakin donuts 🍩 and 1 other person
ideal job for what dude. Whats your goal in life? Can you understand that everything depends on that. What is sucess to you isnt sucess to other

Not everyone wants to work at FAANG full of those sweaty nerds. A comfortable work from home job with good work life balance, nice coworkers, and lesser pay still in the 6 figures is attainable.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
the techs there were such fucking popmus bratty elitist nerds and loved to pretend like they were your boss. And all these nerds were like fucking 6'5+??? Dude the tech industry is filled up with such circus freaks and they ALL think they are better than the next guy because they are all venerable narcissists due to being outcasts in highschool.
These guys are usually resentful due to being bullied in high school for their appearance and are now using their high level job titles to get back at world for treating them unjustly.The harsh true of the matter is that they will never be happy no matter how much money they make due to them holding on to the bitter past and not moving forward...

• +1
Reactions: Clown Show, Hero of the Imperium, 5footsix56 and 1 other person
Nowadays, that you can work remote, it's a pretty nice thing for schizoids like ourselves. If you have to share a cubicle with a bunch of other nerds, then it's just another trashy office job.

Yes,
You answered your own question

• So Sad
Reactions: tonyefferoma
Mogger tbh. Im planning to work remote and live the rest of my days in the philippines where i can live a pseudo-luxury lifestyle.

100k per year is legit top 5-10% income there. U can have maids, personal drivers, travel/eat out whenever you want (they have western restraurants there thta have like 1/3 of the prices here) and i get tons of matches on tinder there as a SEA myself. Its gonna be a good living for me tbh

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron, Hero of the Imperium and fauxfox
I'm gonna be grinding for the next 3-5 years to get that ridiculous comp sci degree just so I can be a software engineer.

ideal job is nature photographer

over for lowiqcels, cant do white collar jobs

Mogger tbh. Im planning to work remote and live the rest of my days in the philippines where i can live a pseudo-luxury lifestyle.

100k per year is legit top 5-10% income there. U can have maids, personal drivers, travel/eat out whenever you want (they have western restraurants there thta have like 1/3 of the prices here) and i get tons of matches on tinder there as a SEA myself. Its gonna be a good living for me tbh
maybe $100k a month. $100k a year is jackshit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and thecel
maybe $100k a month. $100k a year is jackshit.
100k a year is literally top percentile there. A maid will cost u 50-100$ per month.

If ur making 100k a month there are so much alternatives than sea.

100k a month is beyond overkill for sea.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
100k a year is literally top percentile there. A maid will cost u 50-100$ per month.

If ur making 100k a month there are so much alternatives than sea.

100k a month is beyond overkill for sea.
you can't work remotely overseas?

one step above neet

the average salaries of software devs is going to come way down. this thread is proof. literal incels thinking they are going to be making six figures from remote jobs in the phillipines.

news flash faggots: faang just laid 50,000 tech workers. all with degrees , all with cvs that rape your github portfailio. on top of every lazy tard with social anxiety thinking its a free meal ticket.

be smarter guys.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MikeMew'sBitch, Deleted member 25566, Hero of the Imperium and 2 others
the average salaries of software devs is going to come way down. this thread is proof. literal incels thinking they are going to be making six figures from remote jobs in the phillipines.

news flash faggots: faang just laid 50,000 tech workers. all with degrees , all with cvs that rape your github portfailio. on top of every lazy tard with social anxiety thinking its a free meal ticket.

be smarter guys.
OK but what the hell is the alternative? No answer. Every job is toughing it out now. Tech jobs are still in better shape, and demand will pick up again. It always cycles.

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
OK but what the hell is the alternative? No answer. Every job is toughing it out now. Tech jobs are still in better shape, and demand will pick up again. It always cycles.

be smarter guys.
Engineering. I don’t understand you guys that try to limit yourself into one field, you can get any tech, finance, software really any job with an eng. degree

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
They cope with "I'm smart!" so they don't kill themselves.

Engineering. I don’t understand you guys that try to limit yourself into one field, you can get any tech, finance, software really any job with an eng. degree
Where is this demand for engineers? The demand in mechanical/chemical/electronics engineering is EVEN lower than for IT and software developers. Most engineering graduates end up doing a bootcamp and becoming developers or data analysts.

And what would be the point of doing an engineering degree to go into finance? Just do finance. What's the point of doing an engineering degree to go into cybersecurity or software development? Just... do that.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
No such thing as ideal job for blackpillers, if you are not a coping subhuman you will rope after prime meaning that all that studying , investing, working and all that crap is a bunch of cope for a deformed old monstrosity (future you).

Software developers are often soy redditor type of people. Happy go lucky cucks.

Where is this demand for engineers? The demand in mechanical/chemical/electronics engineering is EVEN lower than for IT and software developers. Most engineering graduates end up doing a bootcamp and becoming developers or data analysts.

And what would be the point of doing an engineering degree to go into finance? Just do finance. What's the point of doing an engineering degree to go into cybersecurity or software development? Just... do that.
I think it’s more the versatility, like how do you end up out of the job if you have an eng. degree, you can just go into a different field

more, top 1% income there is apparently 2,213.17 USD a month

After a few years, you’ll be sick working with autistic stemcels who lack any form of social skills or external interests and who think having neater looking code is all there is to life. Hanging out with them is basically dating sub 5 foids who can’t carry a conversation.

Have you ever seen a chad software engineer? They're all 5ft7 balding cucks at best.

Have you ever seen a chad software engineer? They're all 5ft7 balding cucks at best.
If this is true
We will get ourselves a nice lower competition out there