Is store bought kefir raw kefir? Here is the ingredients list.

HTN_Mentalcel

HTN_Mentalcel

The well fed will never understand the hungry
IMG 20240205 024650

Solution
User28823
its a much milder version of legit kefir

this type of store bought kefir is typically pasteurized with a couple of active cultures but nothing compared to homemade kefir

there's no way for them to produce a consistent product without stopping fermentation before distributing to stores so ur not getting legit kefir
i wish my kefir from the supermarket was raw

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel

this type of store bought kefir is typically pasteurized with a couple of active cultures but nothing compared to homemade kefir

there's no way for them to produce a consistent product without stopping fermentation before distributing to stores so ur not getting legit kefir

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and HTN_Mentalcel
Solution

I have a good source of raw milk so I should make it at home but I don't know if I will get a Jewish source of kefir grains?

Do you know a good source of kefir grains or will all kefir grain sources be good?

What about yogurt should i include it in my diet or nah

What about yogurt should i include it in my diet or nah
Kefir has like 2x more probiotic, there is no reason to use yogurt when you can just consume kefir

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over