Is tallow balm or beef tallow a good moisturiser?

Napoleon1800

Napoleon1800

Kraken
I've seen many people both in this community and in mainstream Skincare recommend tallow balm or beef tallow over chemical moisturisers for the skin, saying it moisturises the skin better and is healthier. I wonder of this is true and if tallow balm/beef tallow is good for acne prone skin?

I used to use this beef tallow cuz everyone said it was a good and fully natural moisturizer
I guess it works but it's so damn oily you look like a greaseball all day
now i just use CeraVe

• +1
Reactions: Napoleon1800
I've seen many people both in this community and in mainstream Skincare recommend tallow balm or beef tallow over chemical moisturisers for the skin, saying it moisturises the skin better and is healthier. I wonder of this is true and if tallow balm/beef tallow is good for acne prone skin?
yeah I have been using it in my morning skincare it’s good but I liked the snail moisturizer more

• +1
yes it’s okay as a moisturizer, studies have linked i believe 1-2 ingredients in it as comedogenic so be wary if you experience breakouts. tallow doesn’t fully absorb into your skin (in my experience) so you’re skin may shine in light and feel a bit slimy to the touch haha. overall it has benefits for skin health and it’s a valid moisturizer

• +1
Been personally using it, I like how its a natural moisturizer and definitely keeps my face from being dry but can definitely agree it does make your face look a little glossy/oily. I have Acne and I wouldn't know how good it works since I've never used any other moisturizer but I say it works great.

I started it using as a natural deodorant for under the arms . Mogs